Hellhound vs Death metal: ROBOT3 WK 4 HW

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Hellhound vs Death metal: ROBOT3 WK 4 HW

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 pm

HellhoundDeath Metal
ImageImage
Speed: 8 Speed: 4
Traction: 7 Traction: 2
Torque: 4 Torque: 1
Weapon: 0 Weapon: 16
Armour: 11 (+2 plow) Armour: 7
Config: unpowered plow Config: N/A
Starting in Blue square

Wow, this is like, 3 times that I've fought HH now? We got that Last Rites/Sewer Snake rivalry going, LOL!

Ofc, I know this doggo is going to be a handful. Pretty much, I just need to wail away on him as much as I can before weapon fatigue starts to set in (which should not be until towards the end of the match, per the self-damage rules). I can cause 3pt. damage to the plow, as well as 3 shock damage...which is not a whole lot, but it will add up over the course of the match. HH also has that plow, which will not be powered for this match, so I won't have to worry about being lifted/poss. OOTA.

Spin up and head for the center of the arena. HH will likely box-rush me and if that's the case, turn sharply to the left and move semi-perpendicular to try and catch a corner of his plow. He has 4 torque, so head-on impacts will not go in my favor. I need to keep to the center of the arena as possible and use 'swiping' attacks to catch any corners. Of course, catching his sides (behind the plow arms) and rear would net a nice 7pt. damage. Just hindering his drive some will hurt HH and make it easier for me to cause more damage.

Don't fall for any 'come over into the corner/near the wall' baiting tactics. If he wants to sit there, just loom menacingly near him, then use the above stated maneuvers when he does decide to play. If I get scooped up on the plow, I'll likely have a wheel still on the ground and I can hook off-try to keep the blade away so I can spin up because HH will be on me in no time. Causing damage will be crucial in this fight, but I also need to maintain aggression and control, as well. Avoid getting pinned by HH and do whatever I can to escape his plow, j-hooking, weapon gyro, etc. Also, yeah, I'll gyrodance with some of the impacts, but it will also create distance between us so I can spin up to speed.

GL, Laz, this will be another great match!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Hellhound vs Death metal: ROBOT3 WK 4 HW

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 pm

Hellhound: 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow) – no wedge teeth or blocker

Vs.

Death Metal: 4/2/1/16/7

Okay, I’ve seen Death Metal before. Danielle’s seen Hellhound. We both know what the other will try to do and it’s mostly a question of who will do it better. There are a few important differences this time, though. For starters, Hellhound’s got a 13 armour plow instead of 11 this time while Dm's weapon has only gone up one point. DM also only has 4 speed now. Under this rule set, I push with 6. It’s going to be very hard for her to get separation and even harder to maintain it.

Hellhound is going to bring the aggression: not reckless bullshit aggression. I’m just going to keep my plow facing her weapon and in contact with it as much as humanly (robotically?) possible. At the start, fake a box rush and stop just short of her. She’ll try something sneaky. I wanna see what it is. Also, it’s funny when bots whiff on a hit. Anyway, just wedge her, try to get her so only one wheel (or maybe none at the right angle) is touching the ground, and pummel her into walls for the entire match. Trap her in corners occasionally, but mostly avoid straight up pins. Just endless pushing and not really allowing her free space to spin up or move. I have literally double her speed.

The odd time that she does get a big hit, see last week’s Tombstone fight (or any vs Sewer Snake) for what happens when a big HS hits an angled plow. It’ll launch her, and not in a good way. She’ll take at least 3-5 seconds to regain control. Use that time to run up on her. Overall, be aggressive as all hell once I have her weapon slowed even a bit. Big wall slams for spectacular points. I want her doing the funky chicken. Of course, she’ll try to maneuver on my wedge to counterpunch, so adjust accordingly. If she tries to hook away, S-turn with her to keep her trapped. She’ll also try to swing and catch my wedge corners like last time. Focus on her weapon, not her body, and hit her center-on. Be ready for Tombstone hooking gambits and weapon-torque-aided turning. Don't be a basic bitch and fall for those.

TL;DR: not reinventing the wheel here. Just executing a thorough, aggressive brick vs spinner gameplan that focuses on smothering her weapon, not her body. Accounting for my strengths, her vulnerabilities, and her most likely approaches.

GL fam
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49