ROBOT3 MW Week 4: Pressure Flop vs Uptown funk

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 MW Week 4: Pressure Flop vs Uptown funk

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Pressure FlopUptown funk
ImageImage
Speed: 1Speed: 8
Traction: 1Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 19 (15 Hammer / 4 Turret)Weapon: 2
Armour: 10Armour: 10
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 MW Week 4: Pressure Flop vs Uptown funk

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 pm

He is way faster sure but my turret can keep up and my hammer deals 5 corner damage to him, he can't OOTA me and i can easily self right meaning that he basically has to survive the full 3 minutes while somehow not getting hit more than a few times.

Try to stay away from the walls as much as possible and face him with the turret at all times, if he flips me self right right away, ideally turning the turret in the direction that the hammer would throw me towards the middle of the arena. He needs to get under me to be able to use his weapon so i wont fire the hammer until he is close to avoid any dodging stuff.
And that pretty much it, just do this for the entire fight, he can't just avoid my weapon entirely and i will get hits in, it wont take many until shit starts breaking in Uptown Funk.

Don't do mistakes, HF GL.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Hiicantpk

Re: ROBOT3 MW Week 4: Pressure Flop vs Uptown funk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm

All four forks on (as pictured in signups)

So they don't really need a drivetrain when they have a turret, but I wonder if I can out-turn that turret. Head out and wait for them to exit their corner. If they corner camp, I can't really do much so I guess drive in figures eights until they exit the corner.

Once they're out of the corner, start circling around them and see how fast their turret is in comparison with my driving speed. If I can out-drive their turret, do so, wedge under and throw em over. If I can't I'll just have to try to bait out a hammer shot by stopping just shy of their hammer range (Since their hammer extends out the back of their bot I can get a general idea of the range). After I bait out a hammer shot, wedge under and flip.

If I get them over, just keep chaining flips. If I can OOTA them go for it, but it'll be difficult with them likely flailing their hammer around. Try my best to avoid getting hammered and try to control the match however I can. Since it takes 2.5 seconds for them to reset the hammer for another swing, I do have a window to get a flip off before they swing again.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57