OWOBot 2000 vs. Terrible Toad Twins (Robot3 Wk4 FW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

OWOBot 2000 vs. Terrible Toad Twins (Robot3 Wk4 FW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Ghost-Rping for Code on request.

STATS:
Owobot: 6/4/1/12/7(+2 wedge)
TTT: 5/4/1/7/9 for both twins.

I’ve got a little more speed than either half of TTT, and enough power to cause real damage to any part of their chassis since my wedge and forks will be giving me corner hits. Their wheels are also big targets if I can get any kind of followup hit. They can’t damage my front wedge, and my forks should outrange theirs pretty easily. My main concern is getting flanked, but they actually can’t hurt me much even then.

Spin up, get into the middle of the arena, and see what they’re doing. If they split far apart try to just rush in and hit one of them before the other can retaliate, and if possible go for one followup, then break off, get out of close proximity with them, and attack the other. If they stay close together, play it safe and keep circling around the pair, avoiding getting between them. Wait until I have a chance to attack one of them and knock it away without totally leaving myself open.

Either way, use hit and run tactics and keep knocking them around and keeping them separated until I can either damage one of them enough to make it less of a threat (dead weapon, dead side of drive, inverted and can’t gyro back over because their weapons are so weak) or throw one of them out of the arena. The latter’s pretty likely since (a) they’re just 15 lb so I should be able to get them over even the high walls by a good margin, and (b) they’re just 15 lb so they’ll fit down a 2’ wide gap pretty easily. If I can OOTA, KO, or cripple one twin then go full Yeti against the other.

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: OWOBot 2000 vs. Terrible Toad Twins (Robot3 Wk4 FW)

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Split up, have one Toad defensively tank hits with its weapon or back away as the other comes in and blasts OWO bot in the butt. I want to mess up those wheels, or maybe bend the side armor into them to immobilize OWO bot. OWO bot's relative lack of control will give me opportunities to do this. If a Toad gets flipped, I'll try to self right it by attacking OWO bot (or the wall if OWO bot is not readily available.) If I can get a good hit on one of those forks I'll be in a good place too, assuming they don't get the armor bonus, which they might, I dunno. If I can flip it over, which is definitely possible, OWO bot's going to have a hard time self righting once that disc stops, which will let me get a good hit in somewhere important.

GL TCRR.