ROBOT3 LW Week 4: Dubior Jr vs Star Spangled

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Week 4: Dubior Jr vs Star Spangled

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Dubior JrStar Spangled
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 7
Traction: 7Traction: 6
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 9Weapon: 4
Armour: 4Armour: 12
Config: Wedgelets ONConfig: None
Looks like someone brought armour to this fight for some reason.

Play aggressive, focus on wedge-breaking on approach, send Star Spangled airborne quickly. Pressure them over to the high walls rather than the low one (unlikely it can OotA, being an FHF, but it's best to not give them a chance), and aim for a swift OotA. If we don't get it, position to scoop them up and throw them out. If they get under us, just J-hook off, back off enough to be able to make aggressive plays again. If we can get under and we aren't too near a wall, use our acceleration and drive power to get a solid run-up for a ring out. Just gonna go with that, it's late here :V

tl;dr: Outwedge and OOtA
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Hooray For Lexan

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 4: Dubior Jr vs Star Spangled

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Ghost-Rping for Code upon request.

Okay, he has a wedge advantage, a speed advantage, a more powerful weapon, and needs way less “bite” to use it. Situation excellent: I am attacking.

Seriously, go completely HAM on him. Charge in at top speed unless he’s consistently angling in on me, and even if I have to back off a bit to keep him away from my sides try to keep closing speeds high. This has two effects. First, if I get under him, which is still possible since our wedges are pretty close, the momentum will help me get him far enough up it that I can flip effectively. Be ready to flip on a hair trigger if I’ve got any purchase at all. Don’t worry about missing: unlike certain other bots I’m not compromising my own wedge, flipping myself over, or opening a hole into my innards that you could park a jumbo jet in whenever I fire the flipper. Second, because his entire robot is a big, very shallow ramp, I can monstertruck over him and possibly get him to expend some of his limited flips with missing, or at least mess up his OOTA attempts. Try to keep the fight near the low wall: both of us having the ability to get a quick OOTA is better than only him having it. If nothing else go for the damn aggression points.

GL HF