PneumatiX vs <3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

PneumatiX vs <3

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:39 pm

<3: Speed: 5 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon: 14 (-1 for each if using dual hammers) OR 11(again -1 if dual hammers) Armor: 7 OR 10(+3 plow
PneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armour: 11
<3 has not declared his config therefore I win by default.

But alas, I have the wedge advantage, even if he has longer wedgelets in some attachments they will just go up the two static sides of my flipper. Always face him, deposit him to a wall and toss him out. if this means I win by ff then I wanna toss his bot around anyway. His hammers will ride up my angled sides when fired. Always face him, if he tries to flank me he doesn't have the speed to so I can just drive forwards, get under and deposit him into a wall.
Good luck man of many letters haha.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: PneumatiX vs <3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Main config, so high power side hammers, please.

I deal like 2 corner damage per hit, that's enough to do damage but likely not enough for a KO.
He is faster but i can at least strafe and stuff, useful for aligning myself to land a hit with both hammers.
I think his flipper is powerful enough to OOTA me over the low wall, unlikely but try to avoid being very close to the low wall, just in case. His flipper can also flip me but i am 100% invertible so all that will do is give him some points and push me away.

So for the actual strat try to always be the one closer to the center of the arena and approach him, fire as soon as i can while landing a hit on him, try to make sure the speed between us when approaching is just slow enough for me to be able to land at least one hit before the wedge encounter.
He has the better wedge so most times he will get under me, if he doesn't fire his weapon right away i can likely back of the wedge with my rear wheels or do something fancier like idk a j-hook. Chances are he will fire the flipper immediately, throwing me away and we restart.
In the case that i get under i get to land more hits before we get somehow separated, but if you look at his pictures you might se that he will probably get high centered if i wedge him. Then i can move him around while landing several free hammer hits. If firing the hammers does free him, the next time try to pin him first or something idk.

Be aggressive, watch out for bait and stuff, don't mistakes, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53