Der Adder vs NKC

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Der Adder vs NKC

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:24 pm

NKC
Speed: 7
Weapon: 5
Armor: 11 (+2 to the wedge)
Traction: 5
Torque: 2

DA
Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 11 Armour: 7 (+2 Drum OR +2 to Anti-Axe plate)

Pontoon wedges on

I'm going to assume he's going with the anti-axe plate in this fight, which makes things interesting. I have the speed advantage and he won't be able to scratch my wedge, so he has to rely on angling in on my bot and trying to attack the back armor, which still only takes 2 damage. he'll need repeated corner hits to even start to put damage on me, and I don't plan on letting him do that.

Come out early and watch for what he does. I want to maneuver so my pontoons fit under his drum, between the wedgelets, then scoop him up, lift a lil bit, and get him into the wall. Once he's pinned, bring that saw down and let the sparks fly! There is also the opportunity here to tip him onto his back, and his robot isn't invertible with the axe plate installed, so I can try for that too. If he is able to finesse past the pontoons and get to my side, gun full speed backwards and j-hook away. If this happens more than once, mix up the angle so he can't catch on. On the same side of the coin, once he's wedged I want to watch for him to try to j-hook off my wedge and chase him at that angle so he can't escape. Just keep up the pressure until I can try to knock him out.

Good luck Ethan and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Der Adder vs NKC

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Raised top armour and standard Wedgelets for this match.
Spin up as soon as the match starts, I should spin up quickly as a drum. Using a similar strategy to my match against Hati where I don’t approach head on but instead, slightly off to the one side, I have the wedge advantage with my much narrower forks. Try and angle my attack slightly to get under the side of his pontoon thingies, the hit will either flip him over or knock him slightly to the side, exposing his rear to me which I will immediately go for, juggling hits as per usual, he will only have eight armour at the back and his wheels are at exposed, very yummy. Keep on juggling hits until I have to spin up again, staying near his bot so he slowly self-rights back onto my spinning drum, meaning I can have a munch on his tasty bottom panel.he doesn’t have the power nor lifter arc to flip me over (especially when you consider the saw closes down in that motion), meaning I can’t be flipped but I am still invertable anyway thanks to how high my front supports are so heh. If I am stuck on his wedge facing forwards then he has no choice but to lower that saw onto my drum as he doesn’t have the reach to go beyond it, which will really fuck up the teeth on his saw and possibly strip a few gears on the lifter and mangle it up, making it useless, meaning I can just flip him over and leave him to rot, saws are only made of a thin metal see. Always keep my drum facing him no matter what and always keep spinning. All he can saw into is that top panel, my skirts and my drum, no internals. Always keep spinning, always be aggressive, his very messy traction to speed difference will make him overturn accidentally, meaning I can just get under the side of his pontoon and toss him around.
Good luck Dylan