MADSCIENCE vs Nuclear Plague

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

MADSCIENCE vs Nuclear Plague

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:09 pm

NP
VS:
Speed: 5
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 wedge)
Traction: 3
Torque: 1

MS
16/1+5/1/2/10 (+2 teeth)

Plan here is pretty simple. Angle into his spin, let him ride up into the drum and destabilize him. Being a 2wd melty he'll be prone to flipping around when he's on one wheel, so take this opportunity to go for some hits on those exposed trusses. 4 corner damage is big damage so keep swinging until either he escapes or dies. Once that happens, chase him down again and repeat.

Use my speed and control advantages to ensure he never catches the corners of my wedge. Watch out for melty jukes and don't drive like a moron.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: MADSCIENCE vs Nuclear Plague

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 pm

I hit low enough that I should mess up his forks and wedge to the tune of 5 damage before his drum can hit me. He has more than double my speed, but his 'hit zone' is a lot smaller and I can strafe. Take advantage by strafing to the side just before impacts. Even if he guesses and prepares for it, it still has two positive effects:

First, it means that he has to take time to adjust, which hurts any smothering strategies. Second, if he has to turn at the last second... he's a 2WD vert and that leaves open the door to possible gyroscopic lift. Third, he has a -2 control ratio. Oversteer is a thing and he has 7 chassis armour.

There's a chance that he flips me when we impact. I'll definitely pinball because melty, but he still has 5 speed and poor acceleration and shouldn't be able to smother me or hit behind my weapon teeth. The main goal here is to use that +5 spinup speed buff to give myself a bit of time to spin up and then just keep hitting weapon to weapon or weapon to chassis if I can. If I see he's about to reach me somehow, just drive normally at full speed. Yeah, I have no control. No, I'm not gonna steer. Just jet straight away to put some space between us if I'm facing in a safe direction and then spin up. That includes avoiding the OOTA walls.

GL Dylan
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!