CIRCUITZ vs Storm Worm

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Killjoy

CIRCUITZ vs Storm Worm

Post by Killjoy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Storm Worm: 7 speed / 5 traction / 3 torque / 5 weapon (3/3/3)/ 10 armour (+1 front)

CIRCUITZ: 10 speed / 8 traction / 5 torque / 4 weapon / 3 armour

He has 57 arms, lifters, and flippers on his bot. I have a major speed and torque advantage, and the most powerful weapon in this fight. He can't damage me, but he can definitely improvise clamping me and he could try to flip or hoist me out.

I start on the low side. Let him come to me and circle strafe around to put him between CIRCUITZ and the wall. It's pretty likely that he'll try sudden rushes in, or rely on baiting me, hook maneuvers, or being 'unpredictable' to give him some angles and get me to oversteer. He actually has the same control ratio and can't strafe, so if he wants to base this fight on a lot of super-precise maneuvering, we'll both be on rollerskates. The only difference is that mine will be faster and I'll be able to recover faster from my fuckups as a result.

My main strategy is to angle in. Not surprising, I know. He has a ton of long forky things and I have the ludicrous speed required to actually gain the edge on a 7 speed bot. This will become predictable pretty quickly, so watch how he counters and rush in to bait a counter turn or hook before stopping short. Take advantage of the opening. If he reverses, then we just have a stalemate and he loses aggression points. When I get him one my wedge, I push with more speed than he can drive. He also looks like he can be high-centered if he's tipped back a bit. Just flip him. Chain flips. I definitely have the speed to follow up. Get him out of the arena.

Look out for the outer arms. He'll probably try to get them under me as I'm angling or maneuvering. He might try to bootleg clamp with some combo of those and the smaller lifters. It's not a guaranteed thing. I have hinged skirts all around my bot. Mostly, I just have ten goddamned speed and I won't be high-centered if he gets under. So, if I see those long, spindly lifters start to get under, there's no good reason not to NOPE the fuck out of there posthaste (and then rush in while they're still raised).

Good luck!
(sorry my declaration being a bit late and thanks for understanding. This week has hardcore sucked)

Wolf51-50

Re: CIRCUITZ vs Storm Worm

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Forks

Ok so she's pretty damn fast. I just need to stay chill and keep her in front of me. Drive to the center and turn to keep her relatively in front. If she's just going for the angle and not for a flank, stop and then take her out by getting under her with a side lifter. She has little ground clearance underneath so take advantage of that. Just make sure that she only sees my front and try to keep the fight with her on the defensive. Once any of my wedges are under her, use it to lift her up and pin, maybe even OOTA. Watch for any fakeouts of her own and recover by getting under her just as she gets under me fork under fork or something like that. Idk if those are skirts or not but if they are, see if I can fold them under her wheels since they don't have any limiters. Self right if flipped and make sure only she is facing the short wall.

Good luck