Mudcrab vs Sixpounder

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Mudcrab vs Sixpounder

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Mudcrab:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8
No facemask thingy

Sixpounder:
fuck if i know, he has 3 stat lines and 0 declaration as of thursday (day after decl. deadline), and as circumstance would have it i can't be nice and wait until saturday to rp this week b/c life. i have checked discord dms, forum pms, reddit pms, every arc-related server i'm in going back two weeks, and every rp room thread mentioning mudcrab. it's one of these:

Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 10 (+1 plow/overhead blocker)

Weapon: 2
Armor: 9

Weapon: 0
Armor: 11 (+2 plow/overhead blocker)

guessing he'll go with one of the first two to play lifter shenanigans, probably remove the vents, keep the bottom teeth, and run the short pipe for 360 lifter movement. that's what i would do, at least

In both lifter configs, he has a slow 360 lifter and an uninvertible plow design. If he flips, he will be forced to rotate that slow-ass lifter at least 180 degrees for it to be functional again, which gives me a huge window to chase / hit him. More fun stuff: even with his lifter pressed, I'm fairly certain that having most of my weight almost directly over 2 tiny wedgelets puts more pressure on the floor than his plow does, and if he has the bottom teeth on, there are gaps for me to go between anyway. In essence: I expect to outwedge him. Also reminder that turning while pressed is hard.

Claws forward, head toward the center and stay there during neutral. He has a speed advantage and a lifter to press. Since I can't damage him he might be inclined to run straight in at me. If he does, cool. I should get under and hit him. If that doesn't work out, turn at him and wedge a claw under his side instead, then push him / hit him to flip him over. If he feigns to go for a claw, let him do it and go right under his plow / into his side, again trying to flip him.

If he goes for a flank, turn in place and follow him. If he's too fast to keep up with, drive forward a foot or two to get distance and force him to turn around, then turn toward him again (turn the weapon down temporarily here if necessary). Annoy him into coming straight at me or otherwise try to force a head-on collision. If that fails too many times, move near the high walls to limit his angles (very much a backup plan).

Once he's flipped, corral him toward the low wall if possible and go for an OOTA while he tries to fix his plow. If he's too fast, just chase him and threaten to hit him the moment he stops.

If he won't approach, charge him. He's faster; he has no reason to camp and will definitely lose points for running from a 6 speed bot :V

If both claws get flipped, nothing really changes except my plan if I lose wedge wars. There, angle slightly as we meet instead of trying to claw him.

glhf

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Mudcrab vs Sixpounder

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:40 pm

Well, from what people posted, it seems like Brad wants the FF, so I've got nothing to lose. Time to try something different!

8/7/4/2/9 config BTW, short pipes on, vents and other doodads off to give a nice smooth wedge surface.

He'll expect me to try to win the wedge war and shove him around the traditional way and his entire strategy is likely to be predicated on that, so I'm not gonna play into the expected. I'm going to start upside-down. My plow isn't a flat wedge or ABR. It's literally concave and, according to physics, absolutely perfect for denying him any purchase or bite whatsoever. Ram that into his spinner. He'll get under it and grind against it but not able to deliver the big hit and flip me like he'll probably want to. I also push as fast as he drives under this rule set, so I can just keep that plow right in his face and keep shoving him around. In the event that he DOES get bite somehow, congrats. A rotary lifter in that case is just a wedge on a very long hinge. It'll get flipped back over behind me.

As for his claws, they are of no concern. I gave Sixpounder a ton of clearance just for this fight. Just monstertruck them and proceed as normal. Come straight at him, upside-down plow in his face. Grind his drum down and press against it if I need to (which could cause him to front-flip, potentially). Then use my torque and drivetrain to smash him around. If he's ever upside-down, try to get him to self-OOTA. Just obviously be wary of the OOTA zones myself unless he's flipped himself over or his drum has ground down almost completely.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!