Storm worm vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Storm worm vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:37 am

SW: Speed: 7 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 5(3/3/3) / Armor: 10 (+1 front)

Venice Queen: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front) - FORKS

I dont know why he has two lifters and a flipper, but what I do know is that he's all on forks, and I have 3 more speed than him. I went with the forks over the full flat wedge for reach - I can still successfully angle in with the flat side, and then get the forks under, letting me get further under than I would otherwise. it's wolf, he'll make a drivetrain argument even though our control is the same. If I can't react to my driving, he can't take advantage of my lack of reaction. I'm not doing anything that fancy, just avoiding going head-on.

angle in, flank, and just generally laugh at his attempt to cheese wedge advantages. Even if he doesnt press, I still have 3 speed on him and he has long forks - no short ranged wedge option that's good at any angle other than head-on. even head to head, his multitude of thin forks will have much less weight than my thick and heavy wedges.

most of this fight is a design dissection because the battle plan itself is simple: boss him around. I want to be aggressive, up in his space, and always making him have to turn. slower control bots don't do well when they're on the back foot. flip him, let him self-right, and then flip him again. he has to waste gas and I don't (or he has to self right with a 3 power lifter, giving me an easy setup for another flip).

if I'm gotten under, try to j-hook back. I START at 7.5 speed, so immediately upon reversing I will begin to gain distance away from his wedge - and its always possible he could just get under a fork. if flipped, self-right, and in general don't be afraid to run away: I should have no problems forcing us to return to neutral: it's a matter of not over-using that tactic, and making sure that I'm keeping the pressure up on him.

be on the lookout for something wacky. it's wolf, he does that. most pressing issue is if he turtles, in which case, wait him out, try to set it up such that I can catch him from the side as he leaves. let him sit there and lose points. everything else I can counter by just... being faster, avoiding the issue, and angling in.

GL