ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Beaned vs What's the Scoop

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Beaned vs What's the Scoop

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm

ImageWhat's the Scoop
ImageImage
BRICKMini SomethingCOSOImageWhat's the Scoop
Speed: 684Speed: 6
Traction: 472Traction: 5
Torque: 121Torque: 4
Weapon: 02(1 each)9Weapon: 0
Armor: 9(+3 Wedge)14Armor: 15
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Beaned vs What's the Scoop

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:34 pm

What the fuck is this shitfest of a fight.
When the fight start get all of my bots close together and approach the chair. When we all are close Mini Something quickly rushes in and gets straight under chairbot's front. His wedge game is trash so i don't even need to press, just get under and clamp down on it. If his front wheels are still on the floor lift up slightly until they aren't. If his front wheels don't touch the floor his torque gets halved, then we will get a pushing match of Mini Something vs Chair w/half torque, where we both get 2 torque but i am faster and have more traction, meaning that i out push him slightly. Push him around but make sure i don't get him to a wall, i want the longer moving pin, strafing might help here.
While this slow pushing is happening, COSO will go around the Chairrobot and find an angle to attack. I don't really care where he hits as would require several cuts to impact its functionality but even one of those plastic connection things or the rear axle or whatever should give me a lot of damage points. His armor game is insane but a 9 point saw with a moving pin amount of time should be able to cut all the way through.
Repeat the strategy for the entire fight, keeping around the center as much as i can.
What does BRICK do here? idk, be an annoying piece of shit to my opponent?
Be careful to not break Mini Something on its own, watch out for his plans, don't do mistakeriolis, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Whammerist

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 3: Beaned vs What's the Scoop

Post by Whammerist » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 pm

This is THE fight. Like, it’s THE fight. I cannot express how much I am quaking in anticipation for this shitshow. Okay uhhh fuck WHAT do I do

Advantages -
1) I cannot die. I am immortal. All fear me, especially if you’re like a 1 pound cluster that needs a couple hundred eons to do any damage to me.
1b) wait actually I can maybe die if I get flipped over and the threat as far as that goes is the little monkey bar doohangle on Mini Something... ok wait I have a plan

THE PLAN:
Boom, I “”rush”” to the middle of the box seeking my target - I don’t care about BRICK because lmao it’s so goddamn small and I can just ramp it, and I can catch COSO between his little saw arm and wedge boy and since his torque is a joke I just keep going, unless he’s at my wheels in which case I especially don’t care because I drive over and past him before he can do any damage.

Once Mini-Something is in my sights — I need to pre-empt him, because he’s a tiny bit faster - we are going full on goddamn Tokyo Drift in an attempt to catch this man’s sides. Keep in mind, I don’t have to do this WELL! But the little bugger’s wedglets only give him anything from the very front, so if I angle it at all, I’m solid — once I catch him wherever I catch him, as long as I’m not directly at his front — we can pick him up and SMESHHHH — the reason we do this drift shift is two-fold:
1) No dealing with the wedge or bar that can maybe flip me
2) I want to scoop and SLAMMM him - there’s no J-Hooking tonight baby, his tiny ass is in my static scoop and he ain’t escaping because I didn’t ever stop the pain train, I’m still going full speed and I’ve caught his 1 armor ass at the corner — once I slam, I’m dealing big damage against the wall considering my speed and torque with his insanely low armor, and hopefully getting corner damage bending in those wheel guards on their edges with my angling in, or just smashing a wheel for double damaging and crippling his tiny low-armor bot entirely. That’s a goddamn W. The crowd is on it’s feet. My parents finally love- okay nvm we’ve got to keep fighting - at the very least, Chair now has his first and only damage points (yay!! contingency: escape away if I’m getting fuckled)

Now that one bot is neutralized, two more to go: target them just based on who is in front of me first or who I can get in front of me —
COSO - Just easily out-torque and slam him, it won’t KO but I get easy control and the saw cannot hurt me.
BRICK — uhh just ramp over it or maybe push it if I don’t I still win torque I dunno LMAO
Possibly cropped but alive Mini Something - go for that slam again, should be easier now that it’s mostly ded, let’s get a for real KO

UHHH yeah that’s a thing!! Remember to drive smart, not tumbling over is my top priority, and adapt if anything wack happens, you get the drill — good luck to both bots!!!