ROBOT3 LW Week 3: Dubior Jr vs <3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Week 3: Dubior Jr vs <3

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:33 am

Dubior Jr<3
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 5
Traction: 7Traction: 3
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 9Weapon: 14 (-1 for each if using dual hammers)
Armour: 4Armour: 7
Config: Wedgelets onConfig: High power side hammers
Let's keep this quick. Rush in at a bit of an angle, slip under, carry 'em to the wall, Y E E T. if they try to run off, fire the flipper immediately to send them up and score some damage Ideally, we'll keep tossing them over and towards the wall where they can get OOtA'd, whilst getting chip damage in on the way. Try to get them to a wall ASAP, and try to watch to see when the axe is going to fire, making sure we're out of harm's way each time, either by getting under and tossing them (preferred), or backing off (not preferred). Play hyper-aggressively throughout. If they get under us, keep moving and monstertruck em, or use the wedge to flip back over and run away, whichever works. Ideally we'll be able to ride the tempo to a victory by OotA, though.

tl;dr: Hyper-aggro push for an OotA
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 3: Dubior Jr vs <3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:04 pm

He has a noticeable speed advantage, not twice as fast but still. He also has better control and obviously more torque.
His weapon is a crazy flipper, it can't deal a lot of damage to me but it excels at OOTA. It also has the better wedge to top it off.
But in the other hand i have two side hammers that deal 13 corner damage. That's a shit load of damage for a 4 armor bot, his sides are good enough to actually get the free corner damage so yeah, i might as well one shot him.
The thing is that he knows how much damage he takes so i am sure he will aim for a quick OOTA and end the fight ASAP.
So my plan is to rush to the middle of the arena as soon as the fight starts and keep the fight around there, he can either attack straight on or try to flank to avoid my weapons.
In any case i want to keep my front facing him at all times, i am fast enough to do it. If he tries to flank i will circle strafe in the opposite direction from where he is approaching me to increase the distance between us and fire the hammers when i am sure that i can hit him, his flanking will probably fail and eventually he will give up on it.
Remember that if i miss a shot he will get the window he needs to pretty much win the entire fight, so make sure i hit him. He knows this and might try to bait.
If he attacks straight in i will face him and wait, staying close to the center, when he is about to reach me hit the reverse. If he was going to bait he was focused on that and wont notice it on time, if this happens then i will get closer to him, he can either back away and we start again or charge at me again, he doesn't have instant acceleration so i will have an easier time to hit him.
If he does not bait then i am reversing away, reducing his speed relative to me, also making it easier for me to land the hit.

So yeah, i get a hit in and i win, if the fight continues repeat the strategy. don't kermit mistakes, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53