Idiot Triangle vs. Hardwired III (ROBOT3 FW Week 3)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Idiot Triangle vs. Hardwired III (ROBOT3 FW Week 3)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 pm

STATS:

Idiot Triangle: Speed 16 / Traction 1 (+5 spinup) / Torque 1 / Weapon 2 / Armor 10 (+2 teeth)

Hardwired III: Speed 5 / Traction 5 / Torque 1 / Weapon 12 / Armor 7 (+2 wedge)

CONFIGS: I don’t have any. I’m assuming Ethan’s using the flat wedge because why would he use forks against a melty?

STRATEGY:

Spin up clockwise and immediately move out to my right at about a 30 degree angle from the wall. As HWIII approaches, strafe hard to the left and possibly reverse a little to see if I can catch a corner of his wedge if he box rushes too aggressively. After that, try to get into the middle of the arena, but try to maneuver around and position the bots so I’m not between him and the low wall when we hit.

I do catastrophic damage to his wedge even on a flat surface hit, and 5-point shock damage to his chassis. He cannot survive a sustained fight with me. Note that my teeth have blades on the bottom as well as the top, so I’ll hit his wedge before his discs hit me. And if I hit his discs, I can do 5-point corner damage to those. He’s probably going to be either going for an OOTA or trying to box me in a corner so he can pop me up and get his discs inside the triangle. For the former, even if he throws me over the wall the gap’s only 2 feet wide, and my still-spinning chassis hitting the outer wall could easily ricochet me back into the arena. He’d need a really precise hit, which he won’t have an easy time getting. For the latter, I take less than 2 seconds to spin up, and he’s got, like… maybe 2-3 chances given that his wedge will quickly no longer be in a shape that lets it deflect me upward / feed me into his weapon. Don’t get smothered by a 5-speed bot in the first 30 seconds is basically my gameplan here.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Idiot Triangle vs. Hardwired III (ROBOT3 FW Week 3)

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:02 am

Running the standard wedge, no wedgelet gubbins
Spin up straight away and run towards him, it should take a Melty like him quite a while to get up to speed and he can’t move out of his corner when spinning up. As long as I keep facing him dead on, which I hope to do, he has nothing to hit but my weapon, his teeth are massive, very square and the top one will hit first, meaning I can fling him pretty well, hopefully out of the arena. If not, I hope to just keep him in that corner, always tearing away at his 8 armour body, never letting him get spun up, no matter what. Due to the size of his teeth, he can get beached onto the wall ridiculously easy, with zero chance of getting free, meaning I can just wait with my weapon spun up, waiting for him to get counted out, waiting very close, just in case somehow he does get free, as unlikely as it is, he has almost no ground clearence and those teeth will keep him massively stuck. Always keep my weapon spun up and facing him, meaning he hits my weapon only with his top teeth, this means he gets pinged up into the air, losing massive amounts of speed as he is a Melty, meaning I can juggle hits towards any of the walls but preferably the low one if it is near, with no chance of him being able to turn away or escape, meaning I can either oota him or just get him stuck on the wall for a countout.
Good luck HFL