ROBOTS 3 FW Week 2: What's the Scoop? vs. Entropic Degeneration

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Whammerist

ROBOTS 3 FW Week 2: What's the Scoop? vs. Entropic Degeneration

Post by Whammerist » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:56 pm

What's the Scoop?Entropic Degeneration
ImageImage
Speed: 6Speed: 5
Traction: 5Traction: 3
Torque: 4Torque: 1
Weapon: ⛔Weapon: 14 (10 saw, 10 crusher)
Armour: 15Armour: 7 (+2 to crusher)
Config: N/AConfig: N/A

Well - this fight actually looks like it should be a really solid matchup for me. First of all, my top priority is still not dying!! There's almost no risk of me falling onto my side if I drive smart, since I'm not dealing with any high KE weapons from my opponent - so... do that. No rash manuevers, disengage if my opponent is at risk of topping me over at my wheelbase and jazz, you get the drill.

Next, as for those weapons from my opponent... they really should be meaningless! I'm not worried about the crusher, since it doesn't penetrate my armor and I've got insanely superior torque, and the saw takes 15 seconds to cut through my armor -- they should never do that to my wheels as long as I don't drive braindead, and I really couldn't care less if they make an incision into my lovely fortified plastic chair.

With those two strategic overviews out of the way, let's get into my actual strategy. I charge at my opponent chair-first, and see what happens as far as the wedge war... if I somehow get him into the scoop, perfect, bully the sawbot, slam it against walls and exhaust the pin timer, winning the aggression and control points while doing so.
When I don't, however -- that's perfect too! I am 100% content with ramping onto those tiny wedgelets and wedging the chair under that saw arm -- I couldn't care less if my opponent wastes 15 seconds cutting into chair, I use my amazing torque advantage to slam and pin the opponent to my whim, still easily taking those aggression and control points, because he can do nothing to control me, no matter where I am. If I somehow ramp completely over him, I'll attack his back, get him in the scoop, and repeat the aforementioned strategy above. If he somehow flips me, it's even better because while being invertible I retain the torque advantage and my wedge is even more awkward for him to attack.

Lastly, the obligatory drive smart and adapt, don't fall for any stupid baits, etc. etc. etc.
Good luck to both bots! Bless up chair squad!! Let's do this!!!