Doomerang vs Night Jackal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Doomerang vs Night Jackal

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Doomerang
13/3/1/3/10(+1 teeth)

Night Jackal
4/2/1/16/7

At first glance, this looks catastrophic for me. However I'm optimistic. Let's see how this goes.

The first thing I notice about Night Jackal is that its bar rests flat on the ground. There's no spacer or bearing or anything underneath the blade to keep it from rubbing against the ground as it spins up. What this means is that it's fighting all 220lbs of robot to even spin the bar, and then it has to try and drive across the definitely-not-fully-flat floor to actually attack me. What I'm saying here is even if it does spin up, there is no goddamned way it'll actually be able to drive in a straight line without being tossed across the floor by its own spinner.

My plan, is to spin up, head to the center of the arena, and play outside his effective range. When the match begins, I want to watch him spin up, then spin my robot in the same direction. what this means is that our weapons will "mesh", meaning he hits less hard as we collide. this is vital if I'm going to win this fight.

Keep dancing outside his range until he makes a mistake or his robot jumps from hitting the floor or something. 4 vs 3 speed isn't that bad, so I could pull this off, especially if he just keeps driving straight at me and I can do some strafing jukes. Once that happens, get to his wheel and take it the fuck off.

If this doesn't work out and we end in a stalemate, I'm going to go on the attack, but very slowly. None of my surfaces are flat, meaning the first "meshing" hit will probably be a glancing hit downwards into the floor. I also have more traction, so I should survive this hit better. This helps destabilize him and allows me to get up close and personal so I can attack the nice front corners of his weapon housing. Since that's a whopping 6 points of corner damage, that should end the fight in one blow. I just need to hope I don't die before said blow occurs.

Good luck Ethan and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Doomerang vs Night Jackal

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:58 pm

Start facing to the side slightly like Ray does with Tombstone, spinning up as soon as the match starts with the force of the weapon making me face Doomerang. Always be at high throttle when coming into contact with Doomerang, so instead of getting massive ring-flinging hits, I’m grinding him down like Mad Dog/Chopper the MW which also had a very plain, rectangular bar. Doomerang could bounce up and or ride up my bar a bit, making his wheels vulnerable to my bar, chopping them up, removing rubber tread and hindering him massively. Keep myself towards the centre at all times but try and smash him into the walls with hits, slowing him down so I can hit him harder. He shouldn’t be able to flank me due to my bar’s sheer reach but if an impact does send me flying myself then I shall turn to face him with my bar as soon as. I will always be approaching him bar first. If for some reason I lose a wheel then the instability and power of my weapon should flip me over, meaning I have a new plan of attack, waiting for him to come towards me, always facing him and with my bar’s new found fight, snipe his wheels from the top. This is all a big IF though.
Best of luck to you Dylan, should be gory!