ROBOT3 Week 2 HW: Sideswipe vs Hellhound

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

ROBOT3 Week 2 HW: Sideswipe vs Hellhound

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:29 pm

Sideswipe: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352
Hellhound: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71355

Sideswipe has got its forks on, and so has Hellhound. Hellhound, of course, has the pressing wedge while Sideswipe's is merely hinged. However, head to head the forks will likely interlock, so Hellhound shouldn't get underneath cleanly. This will give me time to bring the lifter around to its side and lift it as it lifts me.

Speaking of lifters, Hellhound's is an anemic 1-point lifter, where Sideswipe's is a respectable 3 points. Hellhound's not going to be able to lift Sideswipe very quickly, giving me time to escape or lift it in turn. If I lift Hellhound, it will have to retreat (if it can) as it won't be able to do anything with its lifter quickly enough to disrupt Sideswipe's attack. This should give me an advantage in showing aggression.

Hellhound's main advantage here is its greater speed. It's only got 1 more torque, so it won't be pushing Sideswipe around very quickly, and if it goes for that approach, I'll have time to bring the lifter arm around and lift it from the side as it pushes me. If I'm unlucky enough to be flipped over, I'll be able to self right pretty quickly using the turret and lifter in combination.

My goal here is to get control of the match by disrupting Hellhound as much as possible. I'll try to keep facing it and catch its plow with Sideswipe's plow forks if I can, then bring the lifter around from the side and try to flip it over sideways. If Sideswipe gets flanked or Hellhound slips under its wedge, I'll be doing the same thing, just with a little more urgency.

If Hellhound is consistently flanking Sideswipe and bullying it around as a result (or if my strategy is failing generally), I'll try leading with my lifter instead, keeping it pointed directly at Hellhound, pressing it when Hellhound gets close. This should out-wedge the infernal doge due to its pointiness and I may be able to lift Hellhound a little before it backs off. (I'll bring the lifter back down right afterwards for Hellhound's next approach, of course.)

In summary, use my trickiness to get around Hellhound's straightforward wedging and lift it like I'm a line cook in a diner at breakfast time.

Good luck Laz!

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: ROBOT3 Week 2 HW: Sideswipe vs Hellhound

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:56 pm

Tactics are mainly hit and run. He expects a tactical control battle and im not going to give him one. Use my speed to just keep smacking him. Im faster than his turret can keep up with, so angle in on it. Throw in occasional feinting to thtow him iff. Slamming into the other guy at high speed is more impressive than slowly grappling him. I'm banking on that.

Defensively, just know that he'll try to hook from the side with his turret (that shouldn't actually be able lift at all mechanically, BTW ). Use whichever wheels are on the ground and immediately use his lifter as a pivot point. Hook into his side or back away depending on the situation.

Drive smart and aggressive. Keep the fight mobile.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49