Storm Worm vs Pneumatix

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Storm Worm vs Pneumatix

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Storm Worm: 7/5/3/5(3/3/3)/10(+1 front)

Pneumatix: 7/6/2/4/11

Gonna be going with forks. Idk what he's going with but apparently he doesn't have to tell me that. Oh well ?gitgud

He's 2WD but his wedge is also the equivalent to a heavy hinge. I've got forks on my forks that can get under this thing. Rush at the start to get under head on. Ugh, you Brits still don't get it. Zero ground clearance all around is a terrible idea :V. Pick him up and push him towards a wall. Then fire the flipper and use the side arms to lift my body up and pin him. Rinse and repeat this and the following tactic: when underneath, flip him immediately. Get under him while he's inverted so he self rights onto my forks. As he's doing that, slowly lift my smaller forks up high enough so I'm lifting his entire body like a fork lift. Drive to the short wall, raise my body with the side arms, and fire the flipper to send him OOTA. Add some angling in tactics if I'm having trouble getting under and press occasionally to confirm this. Self right if flipped and stay away from the short wall unless I've got a hold on him. Drive away or use my many weapons to get off of his wedge if he's under me.

Good luck Boto

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Storm Worm vs Pneumatix

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Using the wedge plate (silver thing) attached to the arm.
No matter what way you slice it, I have the wedge advantage being 2wd, my plate giving me the ability to get under all of his Wedgelets at once. We have the same drive, I have the more control so he shouldn’t be able to flank me, meaning I can always have my glorious wedge facing him. Juggle my flips, towards the low wall, being a 4 Power flipper he shouldn’t be flying too far off, too unpredictably so I can give him a decent juggling whilst still remaining in control. The eyes on the robot stick up a little if it wasn’t noticed already, making them act as stoppers, the nostrils acting as hook-type things to help keep him on there. Always be facing him flipper first, no matter what. Self-right immediately when flipped.
Good luck Drew