Sixpounder vs Mekabu

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Sixpounder vs Mekabu

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Sixpounder: 8/7/4/1/10 (+1 plow) - wedge teeth on, other doodads off, shortpipes so my wedge is actually 360.

Mekabu: 5/4/1/13/7

He has those outer forks to protect against angling in on the inner forks. He's likely to be pretty confident in them, but they're long and exposed and there's nothing to stop a bot with nearly double his speed from angling in on THOSE. Do that. Will he expect it? possibly. Will he have some kind of strategy to counter it? Likely. It might be a sideways thing, a reverse thing, or a reverse hook. So, go like I'm going to angle in at the start and then feint. See how he reacts.

After that, once I've got a read on his tactics and response, actually just angle in. Push, pin, and flip. Once he's flipped, he's MUCH less effective, will struggle almightily to get bite, and he won't be very stable either. I'd expect him to rest at angle on one wheel and one top standoff most of the time, actually. Don't flip him back over. Just bully and slam him (do this even if he's not flipped, just with the end goal of getting him over). Under these torque rules, I push with 6 speed. He drives with 5. Escape from my wedge is going to be very difficult for him. Keep up the pressure, smother his weapon and don't allow it to spin up. Don't be afraid to press when I need to. I have enough of a drivetrain advantage that he shouldn't get around the plow unless I do something REALLY dumb. Be ever-alert and ready to back off his wedge if he's right-side up and wins the 50/50 wedge war. Try to avoid it altogether, though. I have the speed to angle in. If I'm ever flipped, go evasive momentarily and rotate my plow back around while I drive. Immediately resume the aggression once it's in place.

Overall, angle in, stay in his face, flip him, and bully him relentlessly, never giving him the time to mount much of an offense. Also, don't be a dumbass and expose myself to an OOTA attempt.

Good luck, dude.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Sixpounder vs Mekabu

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:11 pm

MekabuSixpounder
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 8
Traction: 4Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 13Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 10 (+1 plow)
Config: Standard stats, all wedgelets on, wheels onConfig: Standard stats, bottom wedge teeth
Main goal here is trying to rip up the plow enough that we can get under it consistently, then hit on the chassis. It's gonna be a tough match, but I reckon it's feasible. First port of call is getting under the wedge as is. Gonna go for angling in, experiment a bit with angles, until we can get under, and start fucking up the bottom lip of the plow. Keep up pressure whilst we do this, only backing off to get some more speed in the spinner. Once we start getting under damaged bits consistently, we can go a bit further, trying to batter the arm out of the way so we can get to the juicy bits. Score some damage on the chassis, maybe lop off a wheel if possible to cinch a victory, or at the least a dominant damage score in the JD. If they wedge us, try to J-hook away before anything silly happens. If we do go back over, we can keep moving, but it'd be nice to pop ourselves back over either through inertia, bumping off the wall, or bouncing off of Sixpounder, depending on the state of the match.

tl;dr: Literally wedge-break, then eat the juicy innards

Good luck, Alex.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)