ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Ten Transformation Tanuki vs Apocalyptic Peacekeeper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Ten Transformation Tanuki vs Apocalyptic Peacekeeper

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am

Ten Transformation TanukiApocalyptic Peacekeeper
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 7
Traction: 7Traction: 6
Torque: 3Torque: 2
Weapon: 0Weapon: 5 (3/3/3)
Armour: 12Armour: 9 (+2 plow)
Config: Byakuren (dustpan)Config: Plow
BRICK FIGHT
BRICK FIGHT

Give an aggressive start, at a slight angle on the approach, scoop them up and take them into the wall. Once they're in, just focus on getting solid slams in, carting them all around the arena. Ideally we get them beached partially on our chassis, though it's not that likely. Whenever they get free, hound them and get them scooped again. If we get inverted, go for standard wedge tactics, since the chassis is designed to function like that when inverted. Still gotta angle in to get under, though. Outwedge and slam, keep it up all match.
Overall, keep up aggression, angle on approach to break their wedge, win on control and aggression because nobody's scoring damage this match lol
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 2: Ten Transformation Tanuki vs Apocalyptic Peacekeeper

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:00 am

Nooo Vovoka what have they done to you now

Dirty move Tri :V

I do have a chance of getting under head on, so let's test it. Watch for any slight adjustments in angle and shove my way under. If I'm under, grab the thing and then slowly bring out the support forks as I lift. Go for the immediate OOTA. If he falls off, my forks underneath should catch him. Then just carry him around Hellhound style and push him into walls. Put the support forks away if he falls off of those too and get the lifter back into position. Try some angling in as well to catch him off guard.
If he gets under me, use my big wheels behind me to push my way up and over his dustpan. He's missing two major things that a Vovoka wedge needs: a slightly taller front for the pan, and something to prevent me from yeeting over him when he's in wedge mode. It'll take a few tries but once I get a good grab on him, he'll be outta here in no time.
If I can't monster truck over him in dustpan mode and can't back away, lift my 4 bar up slightly and use the support forks to push my way off of his wedge. Reset and aim to get under again afterwards. Keep in front of him at all times and try not to let him push me around. Use my weapons to get me out of any sticky situations.

Good luck Tri!