ROBOT3 LW Week 2: Dubior Jr vs Circuitz

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Week 2: Dubior Jr vs Circuitz

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:16 am

Dubior JrCircuitz
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 10
Traction: 7Traction: 8
Torque: 2Torque: 5
Weapon: 9Weapon: 4
Armour: 4Armour: 3
Config: Wedgelets ONConfig: Full Front Flipper
Important notes: If Circuitz gets flipped by Dubior, odds are it's taking a lot of damage (9 power vs 3 armour). Guess this is what they meant by Deathflipper, huh.

Anyway, initiate with a midrange approach, prioritizing angling in more if they aren't strafing, and keeping the wedge facing them if they are. Considering Circuitz's high-speed Mecanums, and how if they try to strafe whilst I approach with my angled wedgelets I basically get under them for free. Once under, scoop them up, rush them towards the easiest to get to wall, and use the inertia combined with raw flipping power to yeet them out. We can toss them over either wall, from nothing, but a bit of outward inertia can't hurt to tip the scales somewhat. If Circuitz manages to escape, play it a lot like the initial approach, giving an angled rush if they aren't fucking with swervey drive, and going for a free wedge if they are. -2 traction on raw stats, and mecanums, at 10 speed, means their drive will suck ass, so we should be able to properly angle and get under consistently. Getting them upside down from an OotA attempt would be nice, though it's not that necessary. If they outwedge us, J-hook away before they can try any funny business, and go back to pressuring them as usual.

tl;dr: do wedge thing good and OotA
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Killjoy

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 2: Dubior Jr vs Circuitz

Post by Killjoy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:28 pm

This seems like a really good matchup for Trihunter, but I have some tricks up my sleeve too. At the start, let him come towards me. I want this fight to be on the low wall side. He'll be hunting for a big flip no matter what and probably not paying much attention to what my weapon can do.

Move straight at him. Try and appear to buy whatever opening gambit he's selling. At the last second, circle strafe and keep my front facing him. If he misfires, I have him. Zoom under him and flip! Chain flips until he's over the low wall. If he holds back, his choices are to let me successfully angle in or to turn and face me. His control is a little better (the speed penalty's gone at least), but my mecanums compensate for that.

Keep circle strafing until his back is to the wall. If he didn't fire during that initial approach, it probably means that I have some leeway. He's waiting until he has CIRCUITZ good and wedged before flipping.

When he has assumed the position, suddenly cease my circling attempts while at a slight angle and rush in. Clamshell flippers usually have pretty poor wedges unless the upper (flipping) half is longer than the bottom (not the case with him). Still, I don't want to leave anything to chance and I want to be able to wedge with complete confidence, hence angling. Charge deep under him using ALL THE SPEED that I have, and don't wait for his defense. Flip and throw him out of the arena or chain if he's not out in one flip.

For defense, circle strafe, back off, and don't let him get a clean flip. Dart in when I have the angle. Counterattack when he misfires. Being flipped is bad for me, so avoid it like the plague. I can still drive away if he wedges me and doesn't flip right away, since I'll have at least two wheels on the ground, so be super alert and hook free as soon as I see him outwedge me. Don't play with fire for too long but remember that I'm fire too. I have a weapon that can end the match. Do it as quickly as I can.