Star Spangled vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Star Spangled vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm

VQ: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front) - FORKS

SS: 7 speed / 6 traction / 1 torque / 4 weapon / 12 armor

well fortunately his flipper is on a front hinge and starts halfway up his bot so that gives me a LOT of room for error. otherwise, I have enough of a drivetrain advantage to consistently angle in. why go with forks over the flat wedge? he's 2WD, so only the front of his wedge is flush with the ground - so as I'm angling in, even if he gets under my front corner, the body of my bot should still turn, and my forks should still get under his open ground clearance. also they just straight up have more reach, so I'm much less likely to miss when I go for a flip, which I should be doing a lot of to waste his gas. also since he's front hinged, 4 power is very iffy on getting a consistent OOTA - he's gonna be throwing me more forewards than up if he can ever get under far enough to use it.

rush him to start: I want to get out of the neutral as soon as possible and keep him on the back foot. angle in, and then flip once my forks are decently well under. I may or may not actually flip him, but I'll at the very least lift all his wheels off the ground (no ground clearance on the sides of his bot), and maybe be able to pin him somewhere or something. Overall plan here is to do this a bunch and force him to waste all his gas self-righting - I can also try to shove him into a position such that he might OOTA himself if he tries to self-right, if I think I can get away with it. I might also be able to shove him into other walls in such a fashion that he can't self-right: wedge tip towards the wall should make him stuck.

if I'm pretty consistently missing flips trying to do this, focus on instead just ramming him into walls, THEN flipping him, and just focus on trying to trap him up against them, exploiting the flaws in his design.

if he gets under, j-hook off/yeet my way backwards/whatever. I will DEFINITELY notice I'm on there well before he can capitalize, given the inefficiencies involved in the shape of his robot. worst comes to worst, I can self right by moving backwards at full speed, and hard switching direction just as I fire the flipper. position myself as needed to not get punished from this by utilizing my speed advantage and exposed wheels.

GL