ROBOT3 MW Week 2: Hati vs. Der Adder

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT3 MW Week 2: Hati vs. Der Adder

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:38 pm

Hati: Speed 8 / Traction 7 / Torque 3 / Weapon 0 / Armor 12

Der Adder: Speed 6 / Traction 5 / Torque 1 / Weapon 11 / Armor 7 (+1 drum I’m ASSUMING since I don’t have a top-attacking weapon but it doesn’t really matter because I don’t have a weapon).

SWORD CONFIG. Boto’s a scrub and didn’t declare his.

Go straight on the attack at the start and keep the pressure on him as much as possible. He’s quick enough that there’s no real chance of getting to his sides. If he uses either fork option, try to angle slightly so that one or both (if I’m narrow enough) of mine go between his. Even with his long forks mine are longer, so I can stuff them under the drum and he’ll have no chance of biting on such a shallow slope. He’ll probably try to back off or J-turn away, but my pushing speed is BARELY slower than his top speed. If he’s going straight back chase him and slam him backwards into the wall – if he does a sharp turn occasionally I can turn the opposite direction and rush past and he probably won’t have the speed to matador me. If he keeps making sharp turns away, push slowly, wait for him to make his move, and turn in place to attack his corners or sides as he does so. I can easily get under his skirts.

If he uses his wedge plate, I still have the wedge advantage but he’s got a chance of getting under me. On the other hand often he won’t be making contact at all. Try for head-on attacks taking it fairly slowly, and if he’s getting under me often start trying to go for his corners, turning back and forth unpredictably to try to bait gyro-dancing. Stay the aggressor, though. He can’t really damage me and I’m fully invertible. Just avoid attacking him with my back to the walls (any of them).

Note: he can’t really monstertruck into my wheels. With his forks, his drum will hit my wedge and be stopped. With his wedge, it’ll hit my wheels and block his drum from doing so. Plus the forks may high-center him if he tries to go in that far.

If I get him inverted KEEP HIM THAT WAY. All his wedges prevent his drum hitting the wall, his side skirts make gyro-self-righting extremely difficult since they stick out way past his wheels, and that drum ain’t biting into my shallow wedge enough to kick himself back over. Stay aggressive but don’t slam him into the walls too hard in case it rights him.

GL HF

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: ROBOT3 MW Week 2: Hati vs. Der Adder

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Using the standard Wedgelets
Start up by spinning my drum up, hastily moving away from my corner. The key in this match is to not approach him head on dead centre but slightly to the one side, meaning when we run, my one Wedgelet will be meeting his wedgelet, if I win the wedge war (somewhat feasible as he may wheelie slightly with his speed and torque) then I get a free printing flip on him. If he wins the wedge war, that means I get swung around violently to the side of his wedge, meaning I flip him over from a hit to the side of his wedge or the wheel as most of my robots weight will be off of his wedge, meaning my drum is angled under those tall wedge sides still. The third outcome is just a glancing pass, in which case I’ll turn right back around and do the same kind of slightly to the side attack again. I can’t damage him but I can juggle him, possibly even chip at and wear down those Wedgelets, making them a whole lot less wedge-able. Keep juggling my hits when I have the chance to, always being aggressive for the judges.
Best of luck HFL