ROBOT3 FW Week 2: Idiot Triangle vs. Post Traumatic Stress

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT3 FW Week 2: Idiot Triangle vs. Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Stats:

Idiot Triangle: Speed 16 / Traction 1 (+5 melty spinup bonus) / Torque 1 / Weapon 2 / Armor 10 (+2 teeth)

Post Traumatic Stress: Speed 3 / Traction 2 / Torque 1 / Weapon 15 / Armor 9

CONFIG DECLARATION: Lol no we’re both single-config plebs.

STRATEGY:

Galaxy Brain time: when the match starts, WAIT to start my spinup until he’s started his, and make sure I’m going the same direction as him so our teeth will hit head-on. I spin up really fast and with 3 speed he ain’t box rushing me because I wait an extra second. If he’s advancing without turning his own weapon on, then just guess clockwise, and if he goes counterclockwise then reverse my spin direction as soon as I have a good chance to do so without getting hit.

Once spun up, move straight out from my starting square, and once I’m like 10-12 feet from the walls make a beeline for him.

Both bots have 360 degree spinners. All either of us can do is hit each other. I’d rather not play Tip Speed Wars as a melty, but a straight-up weapon-to-weapon collision is 5-3 in my favor. Every single hit is going to seriously damage him, and without a working weapon there isn’t much he can do against me besides hope the dead rotor still protects his chassis.

If I get punted into the wall… yeah good luck chasing me down before I spin back up with 3 speed. And both of us have poor traction so he’s pretty prone to getting pinballed into walls too. Just keep spinning, and keep advancing, unless he camps in a corner in which case wait for him to come out and then deck him.

Tl;dr spin2win.

Wolf51-50

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 2: Idiot Triangle vs. Post Traumatic Stress

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:19 am

🔺

With me having a cage spinner, I should be able to slightly change where I want the spinner to hit. If I can, set the hammers a bit lower so yes I might bang into the floor more after a hit, but it'll go right in between those teeth of his. If not then fuck :V

Let's move out towards the center and spin up once I'm a decent amount away from the walls. I only have one more point of speed than he does, but it could be enough that I can control where I want him to go. Start moving around watching where he goes. Back away slightly and turn so we won't make contact quite yet. Have him follow me. Once he's in a position where a hit will make him beeline to the corner of the arena, smack em. If I hit him between his teeth, he's only hitting with blunt ends and I should be in a lot better place. If I do hit his teeth then my weapon will probably take some damage. But it should also still be functional (see SoW vs Biohazard). And where will he be? Going full hockey puck of death with no way to control where he's going. I can't catch him with this kind of speed, but he's not gonna be anywhere near full speed when he stops and will likely get stopped completely by a wall. If he's still got the chance to spin up and my weapon isn't kill, geometry skills activate: back into a wall and ricochet into him so he's stopped again. I should spin up faster than he can so keep on swinging until something dies.

Good luck