Admiral vs Nuclear Plague

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Admiral vs Nuclear Plague

Post by attackfrog » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Admiral's going to zip right in there, wedge that undercutter, and throw it into the air. Hopefully I can tank the inevitable hit with Admiral's slightly-more-armored flipper as I do so. Admiral's got the speed and control to potentially flank that spinner as well, after the first box rush, so I'll do that if I can. Apart from that, I'll be trying to send Nuclear Plague toward the lower wall to attempt to flip it out before Admiral gets totally mangled. With luck, NP may end up upside down: that'll give me a much safer approach as its spinner will just hit glancing blows against my chassis. It's probably worth letting NP spin up if it's upside down: that way it's much less likely to go back upright when I flip it again. If it's not spinning up, I'll attempt to push it a little toward the low wall before flipping it again.

In summary: stay on the attack, flip as often as I can without whiffing much, try to keep NP from spinning up all the way, and try to flip it out.

GL Dylan!

Badnik96

Re: Admiral vs Nuclear Plague

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 pm

NP:
Speed: 5
Weapon: 14
Armor: 7
Traction: 3
Torque: 1

Admiral:
7 Speed / 6 Traction / 1 Torque / 6 Weapon / 10 Armor

The plan here is pretty simple, I need to aim for the darker blue portions of his robot, since I get 4 damage on them. hopefully i can mangle these pretty quickly and start tearing him apart, but we need to get there first.

Move out at an angle, like I did last week with Doomerang, hoping to catch a box rush. Once I'm up to speed I need to keep my distance, anticipating what angle he's going to attack from and reversing from a different angle so I can grab him if he charges me. Basically, I want to play the matador to his bull. Of course, I need to be careful not to get too close to the lower wall, because OOTAs suck. Gyroscopic procession should keep me upright for the most part as long as I stay near the center of the ring and don't get walled. I should have enough ground clearance to j-hook away if things turn south, but with my undercutter hitting him I should bounce away before that. Just never let him get a clean flip on me. If he tries to flip at the wrong moment and my disc catches his flipper, that could potentially be a match-winning move for me, especially if it happens multiple times and his flipper starts getting worn down.

Basically, I want to tear up the flanking chassis wedges until the corners of the flipper get exposed, then I can start working on disabling it. Once it can no longer get underneath me, the fight is mine. I fully expect this one to go the distance so I don't want to get over-aggressive and end up over-extending onto his wedge. Play patient and let the damage come to me.

Good luck Jack and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ