Saturnian Wristwatch vs MUL-T

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Saturnian Wristwatch vs MUL-T

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Saturnian Wristwatch:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15
Armor: 7

MUL-T (drum config, per the ping he sent me):
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 8 (+1 drum)

While right-side-up, I believe I'm technically an undercutter, which drums on ARC have historically had issues against due to having weapon mounts and wedgelets removed before they can get hits in. My goal here should be self-explanatory. Now for the how:

Spin up, get to the center if possible, and make sure that I never have any wheel pointed directly at him. I suspect he'll want to approach into the oncoming arc of my weapon to try and force hits on his drum, so whenever he goes in for a hit (as long as doing this won't endanger a wheel), strafe to whatever side he's angled toward so he eats the hit off-center, potentially damaging a wedgelet or weapon mount. If there isn't room to strafe, back away and quickly drive forward again instead to roughly the same effect. If there's room for neither, I'm probably in a corner so just make sure he doesn't hit a wheel - spin in place if necessary.

If he's damaged or otherwise too slow/hesitant/nonthreatening to approach me, chase after him myself and do some damage. Avoid the low wall for hopefully obvious reasons. Protect the wheels!

glhf

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Saturnian Wristwatch vs MUL-T

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Drum setup

SW is a kinda-sorta undercutter but not really since it's got at least a whole-ass 1-2 inches of ground clearance going on there. Nonetheless, I'm still sure he'll try to bash and batter my wedgelets. My wedges are close enough to my drum that this won't be an issue.

To start the match, I'll want to rush in on my first attack. Just be sure to hit SW in any way so that it goes flying, even if that means going head-on weapon-to-weapon (which BTW only does 2 damage to my 13 armor drum, so I'm not too concerned on that front). After the first couple of hits:

* If SW is close by, continue not giving him an inch. Keep hitting, I'll hit the main chassis for 6 corner damage eventually.
* If SW ended up farther away and spun up to speed, angle in so that his blade hits the front of my drum. DO NOT ANGLE IN TOO MUCH, and more importantly DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT (aka DON'T GO FOR HIS WHEELS WHILE IN NEUTRAL). This is why you don't reveal your strategy in signups folks. I mean if the opportunity presents itself and it's safe to do so, go for it, but don't risk it for the triscuit. I'm probably gonna win on control and aggression anyway, so don't throw away the match to maybe KO him. If I'm able to start hitting him multiple times in a row, go back to the first bullet point.

Be careful that he doesn't hit the top of my chassis, back off a couple feet if needed.

gl hf