Mudcrab vs The Terrible Toad Twins

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Mudcrab vs The Terrible Toad Twins

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Mudcrab:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8
Normal wedgelets (no anti-undercutter facemask)

The Terrible Toad Twins:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 7
Armor: 9

So there are 2 of them. Cool, more to hit. Starting both claws backwards. Since they're smaller, a slight change in angle on impact will make a big difference in where I hit. Gonna try to avoid direct weapon-to-weapon (against right-side-up toads, at least. I'll explain later) unless it happens and works out for me, but until then, angling in will help me hit the corners of their weapons/weapon mounts so I don't risk getting launched.

Pick whichever one is farthest from the low wall (no cheese for you), hit it, zoom off and reposition to hit the other one (or the first one if it recovers in that time and is a more convenient target). OOTA would be nice, but it's not my priority. Instead, thanks to the 3d model in the signup post (seriously, I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise), I can see that the teeth on the toads' weapons are shaped in such a way that their bite is gonna be hot trash while inverted - if it hits me that way, I'm more likely to go backwards than up. If I flip one over, ignore it until it becomes a problem/rights itself and bully the other one. If both end up inverted, start lining up OOTAs.

Avoid the low wall except for OOTA attempts when safe. If claws get spun around, get them around the target as best I can and resume original strategy from there. Prefer lining the toads up before hitting to make flanking attempts more difficult, but otherwise be aggressive as possible with being a dumbass.

glhf

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Mudcrab vs The Terrible Toad Twins

Post by attackfrog » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Hey, it's my first match of the week! (I think...)

This is a pretty interesting matchup. A --crab-- filthy creature vs. two toads. A drum spinner vs. two verts. Neither of us will be able to damage the other, and the Mudcrab is only marginally faster than the toads. It's a mirror match, except Mudcrab is seeing its reflection double. That's all to my advantage.

I'm going to have the Twins split up for this match, as Mudcrab will only be able to target one at a time. They won't go too far apart, though: when it becomes clear which Toad Mudcrab is after, the other will follow up behind it for a flank attack. The targeted Toad will face it bravely, spinner first, and either tank it until its twin arrives or get unlucky and be sent flying. Either way, Mudcrab will be slowed enough for the other Toad to attack it.

My aim is going to be to just keep knocking Mudcrab in the air. If I can get a ring out, I'll take it, but otherwise I'll be avoiding that half of the arena, as long as it doesn't hinder the rest of my strategy. Mudcrab's claws are likely to get in my way at various angles of attack, but they should just get knocked out of the Toad's way as it charges in.

In summary, split up to flank and smack dat Mudcrab ass when it attacks one of the Toads. Follow up with more attacks from there until it recovers, then repeat.

GL Brad!