ROBOT3 Week 1 HW: Sideswipe vs V2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOT3 Week 1 HW: Sideswipe vs V2

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Sideswipe's got its toothy plow on for this one for Maximum Wedge (tm).

Sideswipe's got a shitload of armor because I decided that was more important than being speedy for some reason. V2's not going to be doing any damage to the plow, and little more than cosmetic damage to anything else. There's still the danger of being knocked around by it, though. To counter that I'll need to be quick with the lifter, keeping it rotated to the side of Sideswipe's plow, ready to slide under the side of V2 when it comes in. Once I get it under, I'll just need to lift upwards, keeping pressure on the side with the turret, and V2 will eventually end up upside down. If it tries to back away as I do this, I can match its speed. With V2 thus flipped over, it won't have any chance of wedging me, and its mobility will be limited, even with the rolling tracks, due to the weapon motor poking up in the back. I should be able to keep lifting it from the side, tanking the spinner with the plow as needed. I don't want to flip it over again, just demonstrate control. Ideally I'll be able to push it over to a wall and prop it up there to immobilize it.

If I end up outwedged and knocked into the air by the spinner, hopefully I'm not flipped over. If I'm lucky, I'll have gotten the lifter a bit under the side of V2 and so I'll pull it up a bit with me as I go. I'll just have to get back on the ground, self-righting with the lifter if I am so unlucky as to end up upside down, and get back on the attack once more.

In summary: tank hits, flip V2 over, prop it against the wall.

Good luck Billy!

Billy5545

V2 vs Sideswipe

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:51 pm

V2: 5/3/1/13/8 (+2 wedge)
Sideswipe: 5/4/3/5 (3 Turret/3 Lifter)/13 (+1 plow/fork)

We have the same speed as them. In addition, our weapon can control them if we get under them, as well as launch them up a bit for control. In addition, our forks has longer reach than their turret or plow forks, and being that size as well as being two, have more precision. We are also treaded, so we have more contact with the floor, as well as suffer less from our own recoil. Also, our treads able to spin on itself, it will always stay on the floor for few feets at least and can adapt to the floor. Finally, their wheels are also more vulnerable.

We will first start by trying to angle in on Sideswipe, as well as try to get around or outwedge the turreted lifter. After that, we will hit any part of the bot with our weapon, launching them up a bit. We won't give any chance of recovery to them, constantly hitting them before they right themself, or gain enough contact and traction on the floor, as well as targeting the wheels too. Basically, we will try to control them aggressively for the rest of the match, hopefully cause some damage, and also if we can, try to shepherd them on a way so they will get OOTA'ed on the low wall.

If we get lifted, however, our track will get traction, and the way we made our drisc is so that it will still hit when we get inverted, and even can damage without wedging them. We will just try to stay away from the walls while being aggressive on them to prevent OOTA

Basically, be careful when we drive, and watch out for any tricks or baits

Good luck Attackfrog