ROBOTS 3 HW Week 1: Doomerang vs Omnicrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

ROBOTS 3 HW Week 1: Doomerang vs Omnicrap

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:11 pm

Drang: (YOLO config)
Speed: 15
Weapon: 3
Armor: 10 (+1 to the thwack teeth)
Traction: 1 (+5 melty-brain spinup bonus for a total of 6)
Torque: 1

Ocrap: (Armor config)
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 2 (1 bottom lifter / 1 top lifter / 1 flamethrower)
Armor: 10(+3 wedge(forks, plow or hammer blocker wedge))

The wedge he plans on using in this fight, the big boy plow, is really good for tanking hits, but not very good for disrupting a spin or taking control of a big spinner, due to its somewhat steep angle, short length, and big flat top. Kind of reminds me of Whiplash's plow, and we don't normally see that doing much to big horizontals. Basically, while it will eat a lot of hits, it will not be able to control me very well at all, and everyone knows the best way to stop a spinner is to kill its momentum.

The main goal here is going to be to spin up while meltying out at a 15-ish degree angle out of the corner, hoping to duck a box-rush and clip the corner of his wedge when he inevitably does try to rush me. It's too good of an option for him to not go for it, honestly. From there, keep aiming for the sides of the plow until I can get a shot at that tasty 7 chassis armor, at which point the fight is over. Stay near the center of the arena to keep him from yeeting me into a wall or something. Keep moving sideways as he gets close to me so he never gets hit where he wants to be hit, disrupting his strategy.

Never stop spinning. ever.

good luck maxi and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOTS 3 HW Week 1: Doomerang vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Going for the plow in the high armor config.

When he is meltying (the only thing he can do given the drive setup) i am over twice as fast, so that's a big advantage that i have. I also get the better control plus i can strafe. If he is at full speed he deals a whopping 2 damage to my plow! not much really. He also deals 4 shock damage which is more significant but not super bad for me.
What i want to do is the typical thing that fast wedges do against HSs, so you know staying on top of it, pinning or at least shoving into walls, etc.
When the fight starts i will imediately charge at him at full speed, i don't think i will reach Doomerang before it's at full speed but that's ok as i just want him to not be able to get away from the corner.
You may say that my plow is rather narrow, that is true but i have a massive drive advantage to compensate.
Anyways i allways want to attack in an angle so he bounces towards the nearest corner or a wall if there are no close corners, so i can stop the spiny thing from spinning, ideally i will pin down as much as possible. I can basically aim where i want him to bounce by circlestrafing around him until i have the right angle, then i can watch the direction it's spinning so i can angle in at the last second to chose his angle of attack.
If he isn't at full speed don't do the aiming thing so i can stop its fast spinup, if it looks like can't stop it anyways then do the aiming thing.
As for things that could go wrong, my plow will tank the hits, i seriously doubt that the shock damage is going to break my drive. If it does mess up my lifter it's ok as all i need it for this fight is so it can hold the plow in front of my bot. If the plow does somehow fall off then idk, shove the plow in the floor to Doomerang? just make time until the JD? just don't die OK.
Don't do mistakes, make sure i always get hit on the plow, be very aggressive, pin down and use the flames to get points, use my drive advantage, GL HF.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53