ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: Dragonfist vs. Hurricane

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: Dragonfist vs. Hurricane

Post by Rocket » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 pm

DragonfistHurricane
Speed: 3Speed: 5
Traction: 1Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 16Weapon: 13
Armour: 9Armour: 8
Config: --Config: --
---

Hurricane's a seemingly very dangerous opponent, but it's a bit of a paper tiger. It's got a very powerful flipper, to be sure, but it has to get close enough to use it - and with only 10 armour at its strongest point, I'm not convinced it can. It doesn't have the speed to completely smother Dragonfist in a box rush, and all the while it's closing in it'll be subjected to a barrage of flail hits that deal a boatload of damage. Even if it gets through that, which I find doubtful, it'll take a 16-power shot from the teeth - and that's a minimum of 6 damage on the bot. I'll start taking self-damage at some point, sure, but the slowdown effect shouldn't matter on a fight that's over this quickly.

Start as I mean to go on - spin up and stay spun up. Move diagonally towards Hurricane, trying to catch some juicy flail hits on the wheel hubs as it too closes. If it's trying to do something tactical, just move towards it. It builds aggression and might make Hurricane's driver nervous. This is an insanely powerful flipper, but it still takes a lot of damage from me, and it'll have to enter the maelstrom eventually if it wants to win the fight.

I'll try and stay towards the centre of the arena, but with a 13 power flipper I could be going OOTA from most parts of the arena. Of course, if I take a hit from the flipper something's gone very wrong, but still. If he does get a flip in (and I stay in the arena), just keep spinning and trust to physics-based weirdness to bail me out. =]

Good luck, TCRR, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW Week 1: Dragonfist vs. Hurricane

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Me: 5/3/1/13/8
Her: 3/1/1/16/9
Right so I'm GONNA GO FAST AS FUCK BOIIIIIIII, and then try and flip it over. I'll play cautiously, so that it can't get a lot of, if any hits on me. They have a srimech, which means I'll just need to continue to flip them over as soon as they are upside down, I'll drive good, make sure not to oversteer, understeer, ETC. and I'll go for an OOTA every chance I get. I'll be launching them about 6 feet every time I flip, so then we'll be taking some nice first class airlines if ya know what I mean.

GL Rocket, and here's to a great fight!