ROBOTS 3 FW Week 1: Black Salvo vs. Entropic Degeneration

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ROBOTS 3 FW Week 1: Black Salvo vs. Entropic Degeneration

Post by Rocket » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Black SalvoEntropic Degeneration
Speed: 9Speed: 5
Traction: 8Traction: 3
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 0Weapon: 14 (10 crusher, 10 saw)
Armour: 10 (+2 wedge)Armour: 7 (+2 crusher)
Config: Forks and hammer blockerConfig: --
Sorry, no pictures because screw you guys. =]

---

Black Salvo's a ramming wedge and it's waaaay faster than ED, but it's also got a worse wedge than ED does because 4WD hinged forks vs. 2WD static forks. It means BS is almost certainly going to try and flank with its superior speed, but there are things I can do to at least try to counteract it.

Start with the jaws 3/4 of the way open and try and orient them towards BS when it comes in for the box-rush equivalent. When it's close enough, counter-attack and start to clamp down. 2 corner damage isn't to be sniffed at. While I probably lose the control battle due to 4WD and a bucket of torque, this is a great way of doing damage that the judges won't be able to ignore. Repeatedly crushing and piercing the side walls might also snag me a wheel, which would certainly be nice. I don't know how well I'll be able to use the saw in this fight - probably not very, considering the hammer blocker - but at least it can throw up some pretty sparks and impress the judges. After we're obliged to separate, do the same thing, but keep the jaws closer together so that we can chow down on BS more easily.

This isn't going to be an easy fight, though. In the quite likely event that BS gets around to my side and just starts slamming me around the arena, I'll J-hook off and invite a further attack before turning rapidly and (hopefully) catching the wedgeboi in my jaws. If that doesn't work, try and push myself clear from the Underall forks by opening up the jaws to the point where I can get some traction and get off BS's wedge. It's going to be a cagey driving style from me this time, but hopefully it'll work. =]

Good luck, Badnik, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Badnik96

Re: ROBOTS 3 FW Week 1: Black Salvo vs. Entropic Degeneration

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 pm

forks w/ the hammer blocker attached here.

It was mentioned during the post-signup period that due to ED's wheels being lower than the main chassis, that the robot would likely rest on the claws, and not on the main forks, raising them off the ground. That being said, its crusher is deceptively powerful, and I really hadn't anticipated a robot like this when I entered BS in the competition, so I don't really want to dive straight into the crusher and pray. However, those nice flat jaws do give me some very easy points to actually get underneath in a way that benefits me.

Basically, I want to attack the crusher arms here instead of the main chassis of the robot. Move out in a wide arc at first, then zip inwards towards the closer jaw, hoping to use this as leverage to get under the entire robot. Watch out for her trying to hook away as I do this, and try to follow her movements if this does occur. Once I have her properly stuck on the wedge, start doing the big slams. If she does shake me, simply back away and reset so i don't overextend and get hit by something I wasn't expecting.

If she does get me in the jaws at some point, the plan is to gun forward, instead of reverse away. The reason behind this is twofold. One, there's a possibility the forks on her robot don't touch the ground and I can just slip underneath, and two, my drive stats mean I can just slam her exposed back end into the wall from here. With only 5 base armor, and with her wheels at the very back of the robot, this has the potential to be very hazardous to her drive train.

Good luck Cassie and may the better bot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ