ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Venice Queen vs <3

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Venice Queen vs <3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Venice Queen III<3
ImageImage
Speed: 10Speed: 5
Traction: 8Traction: 3
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 1Weapon: 14(-1 for each)
Armour: 8(+2 front)Armour: 7
I am pretty sure he declared his config but i don't remember which one he said so i am just putting the pic i like the most here :V Apparently those are called "long forks"High power dual side hammers or whatever you want to call it
Actual RP coming later today
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Venice Queen vs <3

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 pm

VQ: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front)
<3: Speed: 5 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 13 (14-1 for each) / Armor: 7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have literally double his speed, almost 3x his traction, and triple his torque. mecanums ain't gonna do SHIT when I can literally run circles around him, as I plan to do. his wedges are puny, mine are THICC - they're both hinged equivalent, so this should give me the advantage more often than not: and even if I lose the wedge war, they still have convenient flat surfaces for me to push against, so I win the pushing battle anyway. his minimal ground clearance, side hammers, and mecanum drivetrain mean he's basically useless when wedged.

if he's out in the open, flank. I can. in general I'm gunning to come at him head-on-ish, but well offset to either the left or right, so that his hammer would fire directly into my forks (which are shaped well enough to deflect it). when I get close enough to wedge underneath him, hard angle into his chassis - he could try to fire the hammer now, but I'm so close to its fulcrum that it will hit me with the force of a wet noodle, and once I'm under him the weapons will be up at all sorts of wonky angles that prevent their use.

if he corners himself like a wimp, he has fucking side hammers and he won't be able to use them properly: approach him staying very close to the wall on one of the two sides. he's forced to face me, and this will mean that one of the two side hammers (that fire at the same time) is directly pointed into the wall. He fires them, and most of the force goes directly into my wall. what does this mean for him, other than that he owes me for the damages? well, he's gonna fly off to one side, and none of the force he wanted to impart on me is going to hit, really. I'm also assuming that he'll be in some sort of disadvantaged state that I can punish.

overall, as much as I want to be aggressive, I can only afford to pile on the aggression when I'm in the advantage. once i have him wedged, pin him once, start the flip trains (electric flipper btw, dont have to worry about co2) - then I should be able to snowball him for very long periods of time: remember, literally double his speed, and he's no slouch on drivetrain. in the neutral, focus on poking and circling, and be as patient as I need to to get the opening I need on his flanks: always be willing to adapt my strategy if something comes up, but holy FUCK do I need to avoid ever being in a position to get whacked on my sides by those hammers.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Venice Queen vs <3

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Jesus fuck i didn't realize until now that this thing has 10 speed goddammit fuck.

He is way faster, but we both have -2 traction and i probably have the control advantage here because at that speed it will be kinda hard to drive and i also got mecanums.
But that advantage of him comes at a big cost, 6 chasis armor that i can deal 7 corner damage to with any of my hammers, i can even do noticeable damage if i somehow hit the front.
I say somehow because for me to hit it requires either him coming straight at me and me firing early OR him coming to the side and taking a direct hit on the front of his plow. If this happens it will be possible for me to hit in between the forks for massive damage and also if i am anywhere close to facing him my other hammer will hit him from the back. Even if i am not facing him and one of my hammers hits right in front of VQ the mechanism will continue moving. But instead of just moving the hammer it will slide the rest of the my slippery robot until the hammers are in the fully extended position, then i will be at 90° at his side, meaning that the other hammer will probably hit VQ's back anyways.

So yeah just try to keep facing him as much as possible, if he comes straight just wait until i have clear shot to his sides and fire. If he instead tries to go to my side or probably straight up flank just face him and fire once it looks like i can hit his side with one of the hammers, or just fire the hammers to hit somewhere if i can't keep up, hopefully the thing from the last paragraph will happen or at least i will do something and face him.

He will probably try to flank so staying close to the walls to deny flanking is a good idea, following of his failed flanking attempt with circle strafing around him to land the shot i need should work. Remember, i really only need 1 hit on his chasis and i win. Meanwhile he has to survive 3 minutes and then win a JD, so play around that as i don't need to rush the kill, eventually he will mess up and leave his chasis open for a fatal blow.

Don't do mistakes.

GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53