ROBOTS 3 HW Week 1: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs. Tabor Mk IV

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

ROBOTS 3 HW Week 1: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs. Tabor Mk IV

Post by Rocket » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:59 am

Apocalyptic PeacekeeperTabor Mk IV: FANT4STIC TAB-FOUR
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 6
Traction: 6Traction: 4
Torque: 2Torque: 3
Weapon: 5 (3 clamp / 3 lifter / 3 other lifter)Weapon: 7 (5 turret / 5 lifter)
Armour: 9 (+2 plough)Armour: 10 (+2 lifter)
Config: StandardConfig: Type 4 Omni-Directional Assault Spatula
---

So AP's a potent lifter with a better control ratio and marginally higher top speed. I've got one big advantage, though, and that's a very fast turret and a much faster lifter than he has. Additionally, since he's going with his standard forks and tray combination, that means I've got a nice big target area to slip my spatula into, and as dirty as that sounds it's a perfectly valid strategy. No matter how much he presses his lifter into the ground, the bars in between his forks are going to be raised up off the floor - so getting a head-on collision is my top priority. It's also something I can force to happen fairly well.

I want to get in close and stay on AP like a fly on shit. Since this iteration of Tabor can lift stuff without necessitating a quick call to LifeAlert, I want to be constantly turning AP over and making it flop around as it self-rights. When I get close, I can stay close; his 3-speed lifter means he's much slower to self-right than Tabor is and that means I've got plenty of opportunity to slam him around the arena.

In the event that he does get underneath my beak, wait for him to come in close and clamp down, then initiate a counter-lift. At that point, two things will happen. Either he lets go and falls to the floor, allowing me to reset, or he doesn't let go, allowing me to parade him around the arena. Neither is a particularly good look. =]

AP is a fun robot and I think it'll do well in the competition. Good luck, Wolf, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)