ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Di-Trouble Gen II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Di-Trouble Gen II

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 am

Uptown FunkDi-Trouble Gen II
Speed: 8Speed: 5
Traction: 7Traction: 3
Torque: 3Torque: 1
Weapon: 2Weapon: 14
Armour: 10Armour: 7
Config: No Forks Config: N/A
Using no forks for this fight.

Not exactly sure how those forks on DT will be able to press reliably at all, but anyways. I have quite a speed advantage, control advantage, and most likely wedge advantage, but I don't exactly plan on going wedge-to-wedge with them.

Theres little in terms of arena stuff to deal with (CBC has me used to that ._.) so I can just jump straight to the point. and by the point I mean their wheels. Box rush them to the best of my abilities, and get under one side of the wheels and flip. If they're corner camping, I may have to wait for them to give me an opportunity to get to the sides, but eventually they'll have to exit the corner and I'll take that opportunity to get under one of the wheels either from the front or the side and flip.

The picture on the signups isn't great so idk if they can get stuck on the side of their wheel, but if they do get stuck like that, push and attempt to flip out over the lower wall section. If they don't.. well pushing them to the wall and at least getting them half oota is my plan.

I don't explicitly want to be taking shots from their weapon, but my flipper should at least be able to take a few glancing hits before damage is done. I might be at a shallow enough angle to deflect them upwards on hits so lets hope for that.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Billy5545

Re: ROBOTS 3 MW: Uptown Funk vs Di-Trouble Gen II

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:12 pm

So, we have the weapon advantage against them. Our vertical discs can deal pretty decent damage against their armor and chuck them up when we get under, and they are also going with no forks. Since their wedge with the flipping panel is fixed, and ours is forks that scrape the ground, we should be able to outwedge them. Their wheels are also exposed at the back, and with their armor, we can break them quite easily. Finally, their flipper can also only flip 1 feet plus the stroke of it, so it's quite weak

We will first start by driving to any part of the arena away from the wall, while trying to meet Uptown Funk head on. We don't want to be sent OOTA by being too close to the low wall. We will then try to get underneath them, before attacking. If we get under them and hit it with our weapon, we will aggressively attack them before they can recover the fall after being launched, or when they try to selfright. We will do it for the rest of the match without giving them chance to recover, while also shepherding them around to the low wall for an OOTA.

If we get outwedged and goes up their flipper, however, prepare to throttle our bot to full speed and when near the rear, turn slightly, so we will both damage their flipper, as well as go to the back of their flipper when they try to flip and make the flips less effective, especially against a design like this, plus the fact the back part of rear hinge is weaker in power than the frontal part of it, and not having our bot line up with the panel will weaken the flip too. This will also give us an opportunity to attack the wheels from above. And we forget, but since the bot has uniform armor, their flipper should get pretty damaged, making wedging with it or even using it at all less effective and then useless as the fight goes on

And finally, aside from the stay away from wall tactic, also have the obligatory don't screw up driving, as well as being careful to watch out for any tricks or baits our opponent will pull off.

Good luck Hii