ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Dubior Jr vs PneumatiX

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Dubior Jr vs PneumatiX

Post by Trihunter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Dubior JrPneumatiX
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 7
Traction: 7Traction: 6
Torque: 2Torque: 2
Weapon: 9Weapon: 4
Armour: 4Armour: 11
Config: Wedgelets onConfig: Wedgelets
The only way PneumatiX trumps me statwise is armour. Considering this is two flippers fighting here, this is fine. Utilize our better drivetrain to give an aggressive opener, with a slight bit of angling in applied where feasible, though it's not too big of a focus. Pressure hard for the ol' scoop 'n toss, especially if we're close to the arena walls. No wall is safe for PneumatiX here, so if we're close to a wall, try to slip under and give them a fat yeeting. Keep it simple, aim to slide under the wedgelet-free bit or just angle in on the wedgelets, get them up and throw them hard. Toss them early if we can line up for the low wall, we've more than enough height on the flip to toss them out with a running start. If they outwedge us, J-hook if we've time to do so and monstertruck if we don't. Just keep exploiting our superior drive power to get under them and/or corral them to a wall, get under and throw them out.

tl;dr: Play super aggressive and go for a quick win by OotA.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 1: Dubior Jr vs PneumatiX

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:29 am

Him being symmetrical both sides means he won’t have a perfectly ground scraping wedge, the very end of his wedge will be thicker then mine unless the material the very end of his flipper... paper thin material that will bend on ramming impact. Look at Psychotron and St.Agro, they where both about a millimetre or two off the ground at the tip. Anyway I have Wedgelets so I believe I just have the slight wedge superiority anyway and my eyes act as stoppers, so it’s a matter of just carrying him to the low wall and tossing him out. If he gets under me and tries to do the same thing I am hoping I can do then I shall flip to hop up, hopefully over him where I can just turn and toss him out from behind. If not then I’ll just be higher up on his wedge, meaning he’ll be tossing me backwards rather than forwards as a dual flipper. Self-right immediately when flipped and go right for him, bringing him to a wall (preferably the low one) and tossing him out. Always face him with my flipper no matter what.

Best of luck Tri, should be very noisy