ROBOT3 FW Week 1: Idiot Triangle vs. Antbar and Sawndisc Gen II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

ROBOT3 FW Week 1: Idiot Triangle vs. Antbar and Sawndisc Gen II

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:11 am

STATS

Idiot Triangle:
Speed: 16
Traction: 1 (+ a lot spinup)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 2
Armor: 10 (+2 teeth)

Antbar Gen II: 4/2/1/11/6
SawnDisc Gen II: 4/2/1/12/5

Start by spinning up, which I can do in I think 1.3-ish seconds or 2 seconds depending on how big the melty traction bonus actually is. Either way he ain't box rushing me with 4 speed. Move out of my square right along the diagonal as soon as I can. Spin the same direction as his horizontal’s disc has to (he’s got raked teeth which limits him to one direction) so I can hit his teeth head-on.

I’m kind of expecting him to make the choice of who I attack first for me, but if he’s hanging back then go for the vert since it’s the bigger threat due to being able to pop me in the air. Either way move into his bots head-on: I can sideswipe the vert and go weapon-to-weapon with the horizontal disc. If one’s camping by the wall in a direction it looks like I might be knocked towards, then do a last-second strafe to try to throw off his aim.

I do 7 damage to the horizontal’s weapon, 6 damage to the vert’s, and 5 shock damage to either of them, plus it’s likely corner damage if I sideswipe the vert’s weapon or hit the horizontal’s teeth. Neither of them can last more than a couple of hits. Neither can damage my teeth at all so as long as I’m spinning they can’t hurt me, and even if the horizontal hits my side it’ll be doing 4 flat-surface damage (no corners for him to catch that aren’t covered by the teeth) so he won’t be able to knock me out.

I’ll probably knock myself around the arena a bit, but that’s lessened due to the fact that I’m twice as heavy as either of his components and he doesn’t have good traction either. Stay away from the walls and especially out of the corners, and away from the low OOTA wall in case of Hail Mary attempts.

Tl;dr spin2win.

Billy5545

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 1: Idiot Triangle vs. Antbar and Sawndisc Gen II

Post by Billy5545 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:38 am

So, we have double the speed than them for both clusters in regards to translation. In addition, we also have numbers to overwhelm them. Their armor can also still be damaged, especially with how they have 90 degree corners, that can be exploited with Antbar. Also, a wheel can be destroyed in a hit potentially from our VS. Finally, being a meltybrain, if we wedge them and prevent the wheels from touching anything, they won't be able to move. They also can get potentially stuck on their side, or on the wall, and the hollow hole can be exploited with our bar

We will first start by going from the side, in an attempt to surround Idiot Triangle and even use SawnDisc if they don' t spin up fully yet. We will try to bait them into circling and going straight into the wall to stop their rotation, while utilizing our speed to escape destruction from the meltybrain, before attacking it aggressively and destroying the wheels when they do hit the wall. If this fails, we will instead try to fight near the wall, before sacrificing SawnDisc, which will hit Idiot Triangle saw first while shepherding Idiot Triangle to a good spot, very close to the wall, to slow down or even stop Idiot Triangle's rotation, with Antbar attacking immediately after that, targeting the weakspot and trying to send Idiot Triangle upward to either get it stuck on the wall, or even OOTA'ed

To defend ourself, we have the speed as we said before to just outrun Idiot Triangle. We will also try to drive in a way so that they will be forced to attack just one of the clusters and failing to do so, while the other tries to help it or hang back to prepare an attack. If they also hit us, before it happens, maneuver our bot in a way so that they will hit the weapon instead, which have some extra armor. Finally, watch out for any tricks or baits by our opponent.