Hellhound vs Night Jackal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Hellhound vs Night Jackal

Post by Madman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:03 pm

Hellhound: 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow) - wedge teeth off

Night Jackass: 4/2/1/16/7

That's a nice spinner. Would be a shame if something happened to it.

Let's keep this simple: He has no wedge. I have 13 armour and no hard corners he can reasonably catch with a drivetrain like that. I can push with 4 speed, or actually 6 if we're using Gabe's house rules for torque. That's as fast or faster than he drives. You know what's coming. You know what Hellhound's gonna do. This dude's getting wedged. His blade's getting stalled, and he is getting pummeled into those walls one after another for three minutes. If he tries to escape or hook away, his control's no good and I have the speed to just turn with him to keep him wedged.

I don't need to pin or hold him anywhere. I just need to keep in his face enough (I have literally double his speed in this rule set) that he doesn't really get up to speed. When he does, I tank 3 flat surface damage, shrug, and watch him gyro away wildly with his undercutting blade skipping off the floor. Incidentally, if he goes overcutter thinking he'll be able to reach my wheels, he won't. The plow covers them entirely, heightwise. He might also try to do some sideways starting, matadoring, or pivoting on the wedge trickery to get around my plow. I know how that works, I have double his speed, and I'll be ready to counter it. Always keep my plow facing him and up in his grille.

TL;DR - do wedge things, be rabidly aggressive, use my speed edge, watch for desperate tricks to try to bypass my wedge.

GL fam, good to have you back.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Hellhound vs Night Jackal

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:44 pm

Ghost-Rping for Ethan because he’s piss-drunk and asked me to. Apparently Hellhound went with its 13-armor plow.

Start inverted. Do the standard horizontal spinner thing of gunning it out of the starting square at an angle while getting the blade spinning, then pivot to point a wheel at him so if he rushes me it’s harder for him to hit the bar before it’s spun up.

For the first couple of exchanges go for the ballsy maneuver: see if I can get the bar to hit over the top of his plow. I’m not sure it’ll work, but to give it the best chances of working, attack in REVERSE: NJ has lots of ground clearance and no top standoff so it’ll sit at an angle when inverted and the bar will be higher at the back, and I don’t think Hellhound’s plow is shallow enough to get under my chassis before I can hit him even with the reduced reach.

If this isn’t working, try approaching backwards again (he may think I’m actually going for it again), then rapidly swinging around and trying to catch the steeper sides of his plow or even the corners – there’s less “side” to protect it higher off the floor. Even with 13 armor I can do some damage with a corner hit.

Drive as “slippery” as possible, staying clear of the walls, slaloming around to make it harder for him to charge me at full speed, and using the wheels to block attacks as mentioned. With the bar high in the air it’s not going to hit the floor if the bot’s tipped a tiny bot, and because Laz gave up having an active weapon it’ll be harder to get me upright. If I flip myself anyway keep trying to hit the sides of his plow and mix up legitimate reverse attacks to make it harder for him to predict “Billings Pivots.”

GL HF