Black Dog vs Mudcrab

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Black Dog vs Mudcrab

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 pm

Black Dog:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 5 (+1 drum)

Mudcrab:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8
Normal wedgelets (no anti-undercutter facemask)

So I drive better and can pretty well tank his hits if they land on my weapon. It also appears that my drum is slightly smaller than his, and considering both of our weapons just barely miss the floor I think this means I'll be striking lower on his drum than he will be on mine, so he'll probably go more up on impact than me.

Stay facing him at all times and start with one claw backwards, one forwards. If he learned from Talons Out in ROBOTS, he'll see the bait immediately and ignore it, but in case he decides to chase the claw again, turn toward him as he goes in and hit his exposed side. He's considerably slower than Talons Out was so if anything this maneuver should be easier for me than it was back then. If he ignores it, roll with it and hit him in the face to send him flying. His power advantage is small and he can't do meaningful shock damage to me so sending him up high and potentially OOTA/lining up chained hits is worth a few dents on the drum. Have I mentioned I can rip his wheels off?

Stay away from the low wall except to try and hit him over it. He'll probably try that gyrodance trick to cheese me so uh, watch for that and don't charge at him blindly. Pragmatic aggression, as the meme goes :P Other than that, don't drive like a dumbass.

glhf

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: Black Dog vs Mudcrab

Post by Madman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Black Dog: 6/4/1/14/5 (+1 drum)

Mudcrab: 6/5/2/9/8

We have similar dimensions but wildly different stats and strategies. Direct body hits hurt both bots, though it’s worse for him. He also isn’t enjoying the kind of drivetrain advantage that he can usually count on against spinners.

Wedge and leverage are going to be important in a vert fight like this. We could try to analyze pictures endlessly to debate who’s lower, but we have broadly similar shapes (I’m a bit wider, he’s a bit longer) and it’s probably a wash. More important is that my much more powerful weapon has a significantly higher tip speed, which isn’t arbitrary or debatable and will give me an advantage in head to head meetings.

Drum on drum, he can’t harm me, so he’ll probably try one of three things: use the claws to high-end me, get me to expose my side trying to destroy them or otherwise create some kind of angle, or hope he can get under head to head and chain me.
I’m not too worried about scenario one. My skids outwedge his claws and my drum can wreck/toss them back. I also have good ground clearance. In scenario two, I’m not interested in destroying his claws. It’s scenario three that interests me most, because it’s what I plan to do… mostly.

Brad’s not going to run the plow because he’s not dumb (if he does, slide right under and go to town), so the way he’s built has all of his weight resting on those two front teeth and there’s no room for error and no redundancy. Take out one and his drum’s hitting the ground, putting an end to him as an offensive threat.

To do this, rush straight at him once spun up, and turn just a tiny bit right before we hit, using my slightly greater width to ensure that first contact is my drum hitting those bolted-on silver teeth. Even if I wheel lift, it’s a slight turn so it won’t be much, and I’m hitting for six (corner) damage.

If I ever get flipped or flung, just get a wheel on the floor, get away from the incoming followup, and get my weapon facing him. Hitting him upside-down should right me. Overall, stay aggressive, reverse out of his sudden angling/hooking attempts to make him expose his side, and take advantage. Chain him when I can. Drive smart. Avoid OOTA areas. Adjust.

GL fam, good to have you back.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49