EGT Round 3: Der Adder vs Demon Spirit

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

EGT Round 3: Der Adder vs Demon Spirit

Post by Botomatic1000 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Der Adder: Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 11 Armour: 7 (+2 Drum)
Demon Spirit: speed 6, traction 5, torque 5, weapon 5, and Armor 9

I will be using the Wedge plate (3rd to the right) so he has no chance of slotting anything inbetween Wedgelets to get under the drum.

Spin up as soon as the fight starts as always and run towards him once spun up, getting under him hopefully with my superior wedge and pinging him, hopefully flipping him over as I keep on juggling him with drum hits towards Biggest Smoke, pretty soon just like with a Flare his wedge will be grounded down and chipped at Till it’s blunt, making it useless at getting under anything. Always keep my drum facing him no matter what, if he tries to flank me then it’s his mistake as we have the exact same drive speed and traction, meaning he’s just showing his sides to me which I will immediately drive at drum first to ping him about some more. If I can get him into the corner then I’ll wait patiently outside with my drum facing him so I can throw him back in to Biggest Smoke (you picked the wrong CPZ foo). Keep well away from the pit at all times. If for some reason he does get a somewhat successful flank then as with Flare, he’ll just be turning the side of his wedge, up onto my skirts which will get under him easily as he turns onto them, meaning I can then turn to give his underbelly a nice whack. If I score a KO before the full three minutes then have a go at attacking Biggest Smoke’s tracks.
If he FFs even with extra time then can I please just give his chassis a whack?
Good luck Rhys, please RP

Wolf51-50

Re: EGT Round 3: Der Adder vs Demon Spirit

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:33 pm

An 11 weapon drum. In other words, I broke a couple ceiling fans, did an autopsy and dissected them, then put the fucking motors together and said "some people make power verts, others make control verts, and other make......undecided drums! :V"

We have equal drive stats, but he's lacks the turning of a 4WD bot and the gyro from the drum won't do him any favors either. Angle in slightly and get underneath the edge of his wedge and do so with some distance so he can't adjust in time. Once under him, smash him into walls and hazards (if there are any, I haven't looked at the arena yet :V) and if he ends up on top, flip him away immediately. He'll also be doing no damage to my weapon since it has 11 armor so no remorse on that. He also won't be doing much damage to my 9 armor front, only 2 damage per hit. Drive away or use the flipper to push myself off. Oh and if I get his drum stopped and we get stuck in a pushing match, he's gonna get blown out of the water, especially since my pushing speed will be equal to his normal speed, so by turning with him he will have a lot of trouble escaping. Also idk if those wheels are ovals or if he's doing a double wheel setup like Fenrir, but even with skirts it looks like he'll have next to no clearance underneath. Try to take advantage of that. Keep him flipped over if I do bowl him over and self right if he flips me.

Good luck