EGT Round 3: Pheonix vs Maneater

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

cringey ARC name

EGT Round 3: Pheonix vs Maneater

Post by cringey ARC name » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 pm

While this may look like an easy fight, the perfect strategy will need to be needed. Phoenix has great defense in the front, but I would rip the tread guard to expose the treads. Then, I think we all know where this will go, but for those who don't, I'll go in for the treads. However, this isn't to say that we are afraid to take head on collisions. The saw and claws seem easy to tear off, but we always want to keep our front on top of them. We don't want to use the wedge unless our weapon breaks, or if we can go in for an easy pit. Again, we want to stay in the center of the arena and avoid all hazards and house robots.

Good Luck.

Hoppin

Re: EGT Round 3: Pheonix vs Maneater

Post by Hoppin » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 pm

When looking at Maneater, I believe it's best to start with an initial box rush. Not only to get the weapon on them stopped on the wedge, but to gain aggression points early on. From there assuming I catch them (Which I'm most likely to do, due to my higher speed and traction stats, I'll be looking to drive them right into the wall, hopefully weapon first. Then I'll bring down the saw to hopefully cut into their drive, batteries, weapon motor or frame. Looking to hold a pin as long as I can before releasing theme. On release, I'll resume chasing them. On re-entering contact, it's important to turn defensively to maintain front facting towards the weapon as I know I dont want them to hit my treads despite them being somewhat protected. Then rinse and repeat and use the hazards when necessary