Tringle vs Spectral Pudding

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Tringle vs Spectral Pudding

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Tringle: Speed: 5 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 7

SP: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 6 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 9 (+2 front) FLIPPER

_______________________________________________________________________________________

why TF didnt I add an anti-hammer armor config. guess I gotta dodge. fortunately I have a LOT of speed and drivetrain on him. focus mostly on getting under him from the sides/front angles with the flipper down and flipping him into housebots. I'm willing to take the occasional engage head-on as well if he's too close to a good hazard - his two options in that situation if I rush him are swing early into the (11 armored) flipper, or swing late and whiff, hitting his own chassis. I can still engage head-on with his flipper, I just have to give a pretty wide angle in: that spatula is tiny and his bot and arm are both long, so aiming it with that control ratio and speed disadvantage will be difficult - be rather careful if he uses that side though, I don't want him swinging it around from the side on me or something cheesy like that.

whenever he's otherwise engaged with housebots, press the tire to try and open the pits, or get the rogue housebot sicked on him. I'm assuming the fog of war doesn't exist here because it's dumb, but if it does exist here I can try to go at him in it - much harder to aim a hammer at a purple bot in a fog cloud than it is to get a wide wedge underneath the side/front angle of a bright blue long robot.

once the pit is open, fire the flipper and leave it open. get under him from an angle where the hammer doesn't hit my chassis, chomp down on him with the flipper retraction (and wedge, and massive torque advantage), and shove him over to the pit.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Tringle vs Spectral Pudding

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Longer Dual Sided Hammer plz.

Torque Powerhouse didn't add any anti hammer config so he only has 7 top armor and no hammer blocker. This means the i will deal a total of 8 damage if i hit the top, ouch.
He has an speed advantage of 10-7, it is noticeable but no flanking is going to happen, We both have bad-ish control but mine is slightly less bad thanks to the slight thread bonus.
His weapon only has 1 power, if he somehow uses it against me without getting hit it will barely be able to flip me and i can quickly self right with my own weapon.
Whats the game plan you might ask? Just hit the dam thing and be over with it, i basically one shot it.
Turn constantly so i always face it, just don't focus too much on it because he IS going to try some fancy tricks to dodge my weapon and i don't need to land a supper precise shot so i just want to face his general direction and look closely for any tricks he has, once i have a clear shot, kill the dam thing.

Lets see what tricks comes to my mind that he can try:
>He can try to flank or attack from the side, i have the drivetrain to keep up and i can even adjust to hit him from behind. He can use his weapon to combo me so watch out for that. But it is more likely that he is going to use his torque to push me, potentially hopping to derail my threads. If that happens: A there is not much he can do other than pinning me, and then he will have to let me go giving me a opportunity to hit and B don't be afraid to use my weapon to jump a little to escape or at least lower the chances of any derailing BS.
>He might try to keep a distance so i hit his plow instead of his top. He can't do anything If he is away, try to move forwards and shot but don't fire until a have a clear shot as this is likely bait.

Start out only firing when i know i will land a hit, if time is running low be more trigger happy. If I can't hit him i can always corner camp, he can't OOTA me. GLHF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53