EGT Round 1: Moon-Rabbit Falconer vs Flare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

EGT Round 1: Moon-Rabbit Falconer vs Flare

Post by Trihunter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 am

Moon-Rabbit FalconerFlare
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 9
Traction: 3Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 5
Weapon: 13 (effective 14 for hammer)Weapon: 0
Armour: 8Armour: 9 (+2 wedge)
Config: N/AConfig:
Important takeaway here: We've the better wedge, and can strike the chassis for seven damage. Aim to bait them to close in on our wedge, then get as many hits in as possible. They're pretty nippy and have a buttload of torque, but our design ought to make it tough for them to not monstertruck or position us in a way where we can't get free. If we do get wedged, if our wheels are still on the ground, J-hook away. If we don't have wheels on the ground, pop the hammer to hopefully hop the bot free. If they close in, focus on aiming our wedge and hammer at them properly, and getting hits in. Try to get a quick kill, if a chassis hit doesn't outright kill them it'll likely warp their chassis, making driving much tougher. Try to avoid the Dial of Doom and pit, and if we end up in a CPZ, get outta there ASAP.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Sagaris

Re: EGT Round 1: Moon-Rabbit Falconer vs Flare

Post by Sagaris » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:10 pm

At the beginning of the battle, I will drive to the pit release to activiate it and then to the edge of the flame pit. The hammer does a lot of damage, so I may have to go the full ADHD approach on this one. I will keep clear of the pit when charging around as I will spend the whole battle circling MRF at full speed to avoid the hammer. I won't ever try to go head to head with MRF, just constantly circle him and push him at the sides as with no skirts it should be easy for a 4WD hinged wedge to get under and utilise the torque and speed. If MRF somehow flips itself due to the power of the hammer I will push it onto the flame pit as that's the only way I think I can damage it even in the slightest. If I get a good grip on MRF using the forks on the wedge, I will try and go for a swift pitting. If I can't manage to pit it first time, rinse and repeat the process of getting to the sides and pushing only when it has good purchase on the wedge.