SPectral Pudding vs unnamed Rhys bot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

SPectral Pudding vs unnamed Rhys bot

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Rhys bot: speed 6, traction 5, torque 5, weapon 5, and Armor 9

Spectral pudding: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 6 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 9 (+2 front) FLIPPER

______________________________________________________________________________________

Clear drivetrain advantage in literally every respect except my control's a tad bit worse. clear wedge advantage: his is neither clearly hinged nor mentioned as such, and is therefore static. even if it were hinged, I have the weight of my flipper mechanism behind my forks: his wedge or forks (whatever could theoretically be hinged) are definitely lighter than that.

we start so close together that I should be able to rush him before he has a chance to think. start with the flipper CLOSED and just fuckin bum rush him. continue to be aggressive from that point onwards. my flipper is spring powered and rather quick to retract, so be pretty liberal with it. try to flip him into hazards/housebots/whatever, but also give him a flip if it looks like he's starting to escape the wedge.

if he turns out to not be super easy to bully, change tactics. Go open the pit when I get a chance, and then come at him with flipper OPEN, then retract the flipper once he's in its jaws to clamp him. then shove him into the pit (firing the flipper to release him and propel him forewards just a bit from the force of the springs releasing causing the entire mechanism to convulse a little). I can also come at him with the jaws open if I dont have time to retract the flipper during a normal fight. in that case probably just hold him over the flamethrowers or pass him off to a house robot. obviously dont drive onto the floor flipper :V .

if he gets under, it should just be under the hinged front. j-hook to the side and try and get at him from the sides. if he gets under from a side just back off or drive forewards. if flipped, self right (I should be able to do so by backing up at full speed, and then abruptly stopping as I fire the flipper, but if that doesn't work there's a floor flipper).

dont drive into shit I shouldnt drive into. if a house robot harrasses me, wedge under it and shove it into a corner, then go back to fighting him. in general avoid being near the OOTA zones. I can't flip him out anyway.

GL