CBC3 SHW Semifinals: Santangelo vs Triple 6

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

CBC3 SHW Semifinals: Santangelo vs Triple 6

Post by Madman » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Santangelo: 8/7/2/1/12
vs
Triple 6: 6/5/2/7/10

Triple 6, the OOTA queen. I know everyone’s looking forward to Santangelo getting tossed out because ‘1 power flippers suk lel’, but the numbers don’t lie. I have:

1) An 80/20 wedge advantage
2) A significant speed advantage
3) I can’t be high-centered

Come out fast, don’t fall for baiting, and slam into her, watching out for angling attempts and defeating them with my superior drive train. Mix up digging under and flipping with my momentum still going (to offset my low power), and hooking to the side aggressively with her still on my wedge to tip her at an angle. She can’t be high-centered head-on, but she’s vulnerable from any other angle. If I have her stuck on my wedge, burn clock and bring her to the mini IEDs and finish with a wall slam. She’ll probably use the flipper to buck free or to self right in cases where I flip her. In either, use my sheer speed to attempt to follow up, interrupt, and constantly pressure her. The main thing is that she wastes gas self-righting and possibly over-flips with all of that power, ending up on her back again. Keep these two tactics up for the entire fight if I can, conserving gas and occasionally mixing in baiting of my own to make her mistime flips and send herself over.

Defensively, just keep my front facing her and keep her between me and the wall at all times to negate her OOTA chances. That’s her best chance of winning and she has to know it, so don’t do things that play into it, being especially careful in the final minute. In general, if I see her wedge getting under at any time, back away at high speed until I’m free and then dart in again to catch her chasing. If she uses the Danger Zones to try to get around me, don’t follow her onto them. Let her ride the merry go round. When she has to get off them, they’re more likely to just cause her to spin out or oversteer, so pounce immediately.

Overall, fight aggressively, self-right when flipped, avoid the hazards unless I’m in control, beware of her OOTA opportunities, and leverage my better wedge and drivetrain to minimize those and maximize my offense.

GL Danielle
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: CBC3 SHW Semifinals: Santangelo vs Triple 6

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:24 pm

This will be a game of patience and gas preservation...

Santangelo is both faster than me and also possesses an 80/20 wedge advantage 'cuz 2-wheels vs 4. OK Just remember that I can easily OOTA with the walls still up and I just need to potentially get under him once. Also, there's no OOTA threat from him until the walls fall, as well.

Start out and gun directly at him for the first go, no fancy angling in or other maneuvering shenanigans. See what happens here and if I get under, flip. If he gets under, back off/hook away before he gets his flipper shot. Test this out a few times and he will likely get under me than me under him. Well then, time to get creative...

He's faster, but we have the same control ratio with great traction, but not perfect. He's a bit faster, but faster leads to more little imperfections with control that aren't reflected with the stats. I'll drive right at him like in the previous strat, but then turn away at a 90 deg. angle before we meet head-on and hoping that passes me and I can slip in behind him where there is plenty of ground clearance and I can send him flying!

If neither of the above two strats fail, use the central hazard danger zone rings. I'm 4WD, so I should have better traction over those rings than his 2WD. Slip between rings to throw off my direction with his and catch his sides/rear and punt him. Being in the center of the arena won't give me the opportunity to throw him OOTA, but If I can flip him and he lands inverted, then I should be able to get to him before he can right himself or even when he has righted himself and still 'settling', I can still get under.

With all that is saving gas. Flip only when I know I'm under him (and not just where he can quickly back away and bait me) and/or if I'm in a pinned situation. If I do run out, act as a wedge/ram. Yeah, I don't have any real advantage with that, but it's something. After 2:00, the walls fall away. At this point, we'll likely be ending this in a close JD with him maybe winning by an narrow margin...NO! I'm gonna play him to get him towards the edges. Let him charge at me, but hook off and spin away at the last possible second. Yeah, it's a big risk, but he just can't ram me off of the edge with the micro-IEDs raised. Maybe he'll be out of gas at this point and I will still have some. Unless I can get him in between IEDs-they are spaced 2.5 ft. apart.

Other than that, watch for baiting tactics, stay clear of the main IED, and don't be an idiot in general.

GL, Laz!