CBC3 MW Semifinals ~ I Suck At Names vs Scion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC3 MW Semifinals ~ I Suck At Names vs Scion

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Thu May 30, 2019 8:34 pm

ISANScion
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 9
Traction: 3(+1 cuz Threads)Traction: 7
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 16(13 Spinner / 3 Lifter)Weapon: 0
Armour: 6Armour: 10(+3 to the middle of the wedge)
Secondary Config, actually for the first time ever^^
Dammit.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: CBC3 MW Semifinals ~ I Suck At Names vs Scion

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:18 pm

FORKS OFF

Clear drivetrain advantage to me: this is accentuated by the fact that he is long and has a vertical spinner: I WILL be able to get to his flanks and ignore the spinner pretty consistently here, which is good because he's got an overhead weapon. notably, his overhead weapon is tall, takes up a lot of space, has a spinner on it, and is probably rather heavy. force him to turn whenever he wants to swing it down, and laugh at the results.

it's very likely that he's going for much more of a flipping and aiming to reach over my wedge sort of game: so don't give him space. be CONSTANTLY on his ass: he's slow enough that he can't easily set up having me directly in front of him for an overhead strike or wedge attempt with those tiny forks, and that's the only way he does anything. Prevent him from getting space, win the game.

whenever he uses the end without wedges with the weapon near the ground, ram straight into it: since he's not running a wedge in this scenario, he won't bite the bottom corner of my wedge, so chances of getting flipped are near null. it also doesnt damage me in the center of the wedge - dont over-do ramming into it at full speed though, don't want to take too much shock damage.

in any other scenario, start flanking aggressively (still get up in his grill quickly at the start though). force him away from walls, keep getting around to his sides (or angle in vs the forks), and only engage when I can ensure that he can't hit me with the spinner.

when I get under, ram him into shit: if he's running with the lifter raised at all he's gonna be real top-heavy so a good ram can flip him: he is VERY exposed when inverted, so that would be great. but yeah this part isn't complicated. I'm a wedge, there's hazards/walls/OOTA zones.

if he corner camps with the spinner raised (or in any situation where I cant find a good angle), set it up so I have a good engage angle once he's forced to move, but dont engage that shit unless I can guarentee a safe punish.

self right with mini IEDs when flipped. dont do that in the last 2 minutes - in general be much more cautious in the last 2 minutes, I have a lot less freedom come that point since he can OOTA me. notably though, with his unwieldy size and shape plus that spinner of his, he could bounce himself OOTA if he takes a bad bounce off of a mini IED. it's a low chance but hey, it's what I got to work with.

GL

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 MW Semifinals ~ I Suck At Names vs Scion

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:56 pm

Yeah so i last time my strat didn't really work.
He is way faster, but i have a significant control advantage
At full power the only damage i can deal to the middle of his wedge is the corner damage bonus, But if i catch the sides or anything else really bad shit happens.
Me hitting him at full power will throw him 6.5 (rounded to 7?) feet up, meaning that an OOTA before the walls fall is posible.
My secondary config not only has a faster lifter, it also has noticeably less gyroing thanks to it's less powerful weapon.

Basically i plan on attacking with the side with the wedge thing, pressing down at the last moment and flipping him, hopefully i will chain flips with the goal of throwing Scion OOTA but that will be real tricky with a drive disadvantage. So the more reasonable plan is to flip him around and score as much points in all categories as possible, try to aim it so when i hit him he lands around the IED or really anything hazardous.
My pressing wedge is smaller and his doesn't quite have 100% of the bot's weight on it so even if i face the forks i have the better wedge but he will angle in if we go for face to face, make sure to countering by adjusting, my perfect control should help.
He probably will try to flank or something similar, if he goes for my back punish him by moving my weapon all the way and hitting him from the top. He will probably go for my side, try to avoid this.
Aim for the sides of his wedge if possible, hitting the twack tail thing might also be pretty good and potentially fuck up something important.
I don't really care if i hit him at full power, i only need to land something.
If i struggle to keep up with the flanking try to lower the weapon speed until the gyro doesn't keep me from turning fast enough.
Be as aggressive as the slower bot can be while trying to not get in a bad position.
Avoid mistakes, hazards and getting OOTAed. GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53