CBC3 SHW Semi-Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Final Boss

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

CBC3 SHW Semi-Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Final Boss

Post by Trihunter » Thu May 30, 2019 11:48 am

Hartmann's Youkai Bot IIFinal Boss
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 2Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 2
Weapon: 16Weapon: 10
Armour: 7Armour: 5
Config: Subterranean Rose (2 toothed disk)Config: N/A
Final Boss, meet secret boss. Yes I'm recycling that joke.

Similar core idea to last time. Get spinning up, pick a neutral spot in the arena that's not too close to a hazard, keep FB facing the blade, RIP AND TEAR. Literally any hit from us can kill them stone dead, and they can only safely attack about 15% of our perimeter (which if they do somehow get around to, a quick pivot can force them into horrible horrible murder death again). Take the match fairly slow, force FB to make approaches, and spin to get them back into the blade, no matter the approach. Recover from recoil fairly quickly where possible, prioritising getting the blade facing them and up to speed, before proceeding to a safer position if we get the chance. It's unlikely it'll do much, but if we can shred the flipper first, that would be preferred. Hazards here are less lethal than Gulag, though we still aren't underestimating them. Stay clear where possible.

tl;dr: Insert KKHTA joke here
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Re: CBC3 SHW Semi-Finals: Hartmann's Youkai Bot II vs Final Boss

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:33 pm

-I'm too lazy to go back to read the specifics of the last time we fought, but I seem to recall it mostly involved me getting the shit kicked out of me. Luckily I have options this time that don't involve throwing myself repeatedly at the latest spinner brought to you by Ginsu knives and just hoping for the best.

-I probably don't have quite enough speed advantage to consistently get around his weapon (mostly based on the annoying amount of weapon coverage SteveOUT bots get), HOWEVER I do have enough speed to avoid him entirely if I wish.

-So this is going to be boring and cowardly, but I really don't want to ripped apart for two minutes, praying I live long enough for the walls to come down. Instead, we're gonna play a game of keep away for those first two minutes and then try to put HYB into OOTA hell.

-Now I don't want to hear any nonsense about not being able to avoid him for 2 minutes. The arena is a giant doughnut with a no fly zone in the center and I have good advantage in all drive stats. I read any bullshit and the writing staff is gonna get these hands :P

-The real fight begins once those walls come down. I need to lure him close-ish to the walls and have him positioned between the outer perimeter and myself. Now comes the part where I charge headlong into the meat grinder. A hit will hurt, but at worst my hinged wedges would take the brunt of the initial attack and save my main body (and I can offer up others of my wedges for followup charges if needed). In theory, depending on positioning, I could potentially score an OOTA on him just on the recoil he'd take, but I'll assume that I'll need to do some followup work.

-I should be able to recover faster than him from the recoil, so get back to him quickly, wedge/push him towards the outer edge of the arena and try to flip him out!

-Keep up this process until I score the OOTA or the time limit runs out.

Good Luck!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.