CBC3 LW Quarterfinals: Blood Eagle vs Evil Destroyer

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

CBC3 LW Quarterfinals: Blood Eagle vs Evil Destroyer

Post by Madman » Sun May 26, 2019 1:51 am

Blood Eagle: 4/2/1/16/7

Evil Destroyer: 1/1/1/21(15/5/1)/7

OK, ya’ll want an upset because Blood Eagle is mean and tryhard and Maxi’s bots and strategies are just the coolest and most original. That’s nice. I still have most of the key advantages.

1) His turret’s cool, but it doesn’t help him with arena positioning. I have a 6-3 speed point edge, so flanking should actually be viable and so should keeping him between myself and OOTA in the final minute. Maybe he has cute maneuvers planned. Those don’t work with only one speed. Always pay attention to angles and knockback to send him into the walls/micro IEDs/OOTA.

2) He probably outreaches me slightly. I’m sure he’s confident about that and his turret, ignoring the ridiculous stability and fine control issues he’d face. I’m going to start the match in overcutter mode, though. If we meet weapon to weapon (even if he lifts his blade and tries to drop it on me) I win, doing five direct damage to his very spindly bar with its complex lifting, turreted, extended mounting as well as 4.5 shock to everything else. He does 4 and 4, respectively. Attrition favours me.

3) In overcutter, Blood Eagle has comprehensive weapon coverage. There’s not much he can hit aside from my wheels, and he has to reach past my massive blade. He has a lot of range, but not enough to avoid it completely. Even if he tries a Bombshell vs Carbide, he’s still going to encounter it, and my tires BARELY stick up past my wheels. He’s going to have to be unbelievably precise and, even then, he’ll shave a bit of tread, maybe? At the cost of leaving his body wide open?

Turret shenanigans are a guarantee, like baiting or keeping his weapon to the side, trying to catch my wheels as I rush in. The counter’s simple: go weapon to weapon. If he’s using the turret to keep his blade away from a weapon to weapon clash, show aggression by chasing it and engaging. Since it’s fast, if he tries to sweep it all the way around to come up behind me, it’s going to start outpacing me quickly. The moment I see it do that, turn to bring my blade into the side of his chassis (offense) and into the path of HIS blade (defense).

If he tries holding it directly above me as I approach, with the goal of dropping it down, rush in as expected but feint. He’ll drop it onto thin air and THEN I’ll finish rushing in for the w2w hit. His lifter’s SLOW, so he should struggle to pull it back up on time. I can also counter by circling him in reverse, keeping my blade facing his and forcing him to rotate his blade while it’s lifted. Especially when it’s out to his side, he’ll be really unstable and struggle to control it. If his chassis is ever left open not as bait or by design, mash him with extreme prejudice.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC3 LW Quarterfinals: Blood Eagle vs Evil Destroyer

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun May 26, 2019 2:57 am

Both of us got an extension from our dear Alex from The Monsterworks.
Using Extended bar mounted as a mid cutter.

• BE is faster but not actually fast at all
  • He wins slightly weapon to weapon
  • That bot is far from compact, there is no way that it fits under my mid cutter all the way down.
  • His spinner is longer, but definitively not twice as long.
Yeah so i want that weapon dead, that thing is scary. If i do kill the weapon i auto win by KO or JD if he runs away.
I want my turret to face the spinner at all times, i want to allways have hits when my weapon is at full speed so aim for that but ultimately i prefer to go for a weapon to weapon hit without full power than getting hit anywhere else.
He can play as an undercutter or overcutter.
If he goes for the undercutter i will just keep my spinner all the way down, it's not an undercutter the weapons wont touch, instead i will hit his weapon mounting first, pretty much destroying it.
That is because of my turret layout, basically for him to outreach me he needs his weapon radius (- mounting) to beat my weapon diameter (+a little). This also applies if he turns into overcutter.

Laz probably knows this and will run his bot as an overcutter, that changes the plan:
He will either aim for direct weapon to weapon hits or try to pull of some driving stunt to get past my turret.
As for the driving part he is probably expecting me to bait with the turret like i did in every previous fight, i will tease into doing that when he is getting close for the first time and then never do it again!
Anyways for the overcutter i want to lift my turret so my spinner is entirely above BE but not way above it, just a bit. I can tank a few hits so if i mess this part up try to make it so i had my weapon too low (causing wep to wep) instead of too far up.
Why do i want to do this? notice how part of BE's weapon mount support thing goes above the bar itself while ED's bar is specifically designed so that isn't the case! Basically i want his weapon hub to enter my spinner radius and the bring my turret down, landing a direct hit on BE's weapon mount without me getting the same.
That thing is not designed to take a hit like that, the weapon might come off entirely! Even if it stays somehow functional and survives a couple hits i can then transition into weapon to weapon hit, hoping that the weaken mounting will make it easier for his weapon to fail.

Laz probably is planing into using knockback to his favor so stay away from the walls and if i transition into weapon to weapon, carefully chose the position of my turret so the recoil doesn't throw me to a hazard, wall or OOTA.
GL HF you madman.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53