(4) Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs (5) Trashman

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

(4) Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs (5) Trashman

Post by V900 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:06 pm

I don't actually know if I have to RP this week or not so lol yolo.

Okay so literally same speed/traction/torque. This should be fun. To begin the match I'll feint going in for a head-on-head collision, but try to sike him out at the last minute and instead go for an angle in. If he's expecting me to angle in from the get-go, do the opposite (i.e. feint an angle-in and go in headlong at the last second).

Worst comes to worst, I've still got a pretty good chance of getting under.

Worst really comes to worst, I've got massive treads on my chadplow of a machine that'll ensure that getting stranded is next to impossible. Compare to his tiny Eruption-lookin-ass wheels. His cheese wedge shouldn't be anything that I can't back off of/monstertruck. Even that ridge on the back I should be able to roll over if I lift my plow a little.

Keep my clamp angled forward to minimize the distance it needs to move. If I get under (hoping I do!), then I'll start bringing it down and lifting the plow. Drag and drop him into the trashcans, wait 30sec, pick him up again, rinse and repeat. I need to get under once to control him for half the match, assuming he doesn't go for them. If he does, that means he fucked up and that I get to slide under his rear/side for free.

If we're in the part of the match where the wall falls away: go for the OOTA, but be extra cautious about getting flipped around near the edge.

As for the Trashcans' strategy: run away from the evil black wedge and try not to die.

gl hf

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: (4) Dreadnought Mk. 4 vs (5) Trashman

Post by GF93 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Solid Wedge Tip.
______
STAT COMPARISON
The Trashman
Speed: 7
Traction: 5 (+1 Tracks = 6)
Torque: 3
Weapon: 2 (Forklift Scoop, Overhead Clamp with Extending Arm, and Flamethrower)
Armour: 11 (+2 Front Scoop)

The Trashcans (×2)
Speed: 1
Traction: 1
Torque: 1
Weapon: 0 (Offering a nice egg in this trying time)
Armour: 1

Dreadnought MK4
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (Front-Hinged Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
Unusual tracked grabber/lifter with minibots and other unique things, so I’ll have to keep an eye out to avoid being junked at this stage. We have pretty much identical drive, but my 2WD edges agility/manoeuvrability in my favour, as well as my wedge. His corners/sides look highly vulnerable to flanking even if he presses down, and his grabber/lifter setup looks not only overly fiddly, but the fact it's all 1-powered means his self-righting will be very slow and he'll find it difficult to maintain purchase on a fast, smooth bot like Dreadnought with wheel purchase on pretty much any surface it can grab it from. Keep the Trashcans in mind as well; they could be annoying if left unchecked, but taking out one or both of them will give me a big boost in points!

Be the aggressor and pick the right targets off the bat. Move out quickly, watch where Trashman comes from, and hang back slightly to start with to seperate him from the Trashcans. Once he's away, aim for his sides/corners or underneath the lifter with a missed attack, pop him over, and force him against the nearest wall. While he's self-righting, pick off one or both of the Trashmen by flipping, forcing them onto the IED or smashing them against the wall; focus on one at a time, and take them both out first. When Trashman comes back, go for sides/corners again or feint a head-on attack to bait him into lifting up, then immediately reverse off and counter. If he recovers sooner than thought, knock away the current Trashcan, then go to meet him a sufficient distance away to avoid them being involved. Keep varied, take the fight to him, and be ready to dodge/counter immediately if he gets under!

When attacking, aggression all the way. Keep myself underneath and him flipped on his back as long as possible, and go for the KO either via flipping him up with his baseplate against the wall to stop him righting himself, or by beating him up long enough for the walls to drop, then flipping him out. Mix up both flipping and ramming, actively stop him from self-righting or running away, herd him near walls/hazards, and force him into both the walls and IED for extra points and to wear down the clock. Copy his movements to keep him trapped if he tries monster-trucking off the wedge, and cut off any potential escape routes.

Defence mostly revolves around using good common sense and actively taking the fight to him, but at the same time always being ready to act accordingly if something happens. Keep constantly moving and always leave at least one escape route to fall back onto in emergencies, drive off immediately if wedged under, and prioritise taking out the Trashcans to maximise my chances. Keep a good berth from walls/hazards unless using them myself, don’t fire the flipper unless I’m definitely underneath, and if flipped, self-right and escape immediately.

Good luck!