(1) Triple 6 vs (9) I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! CBC3 SHW QF

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

(1) Triple 6 vs (9) I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! CBC3 SHW QF

Post by Shaba117 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Triple 6 I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker!
Speed: 6 Speed: 6
Traction: 5 Traction: 5
Torque: 2 Torque: 2
Weapon: 7 Weapon: 7 (5 clamp/5 saw)
Armour: 10 Armour: 10 (+1 claws)
Config: N/A Config: primary
Of course, my goal is to score an OOTA on Crabcore as soon as possible, and my weapon is powerful to do so even with the walls up. Go directly for Carbcore, but I'll be aware that if he's using his omniwheel config, that he could strafe me and if he does, then I'll be quick to adjust my course, if needed. I'd like to just be able to rush him head-on and nail him with the flipper before he can get the clamps/saw on me, but if he does manage to clamp me, pop the flipper before he can bring the saw down and my flipper should have more then enough power to force him off. Afterwards, quickly regroup and attack again-be relentless, especially if he lands inverted, then I need to get in there and capitalize! The saw can't do much in the way of damage at this point, but it will still convey that Crabcore has the upper hand when it comes to the judges. Best thing for me is to get as many clean flips in while being mindful of not wasting gas. If I find myself not being able to gain an easy 'upper hand' with control of the fight, then become more conservative with using the flipper, for instance.

If the match goes beyond the 2:00 mark, then I'll really go all-out for the OOTA

If I do happen to run out of gas before the end of the match, play more defensive and get Crabcore over towards the main IED. If that doesn't work, then get him over towards the edge and just ram away at him as much as I can-at this point, it's just all-out aggression on my part. If I get clamped here, the saw becomes more of a threat, as I can't just free myself with my flipper. I need to get him over the the central hazards and utilize the danger zone rings or even the main IED (if the first doesn't work on freeing me up, but being careful to not put myself over that hazard). Also, since we are matched in torque, the above may not work, so I will try to spin in place and try to 'throw' him off of me.

Don't allow him to bait me into the middle circles/main IED. Be aware of the outer micro-IEDs and try not to drive over them.

GL, Alex!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: (1) Triple 6 vs (9) I Dance Crabcore, Motherfucker! CBC3 SHW QF

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat May 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Alright, so the obvious temptation here is to have the power flipper score its 7th straight OOTA, especially in an arena like this. She's likely to be confident and highly aggressive as a result. However, flippers like that come with serious drawbacks and limitations.

1) If she misses a flip, she flips herself.
2) She uses a lot of gas per flip and WILL run out eventually.
3) She doesn't enjoy any sort of drivetrain advantage and still can't deal direct damage.
4) Powerful flippers take a second to retract.

So, the plan:

We'll start by blowing up what people expect me to do: lots of strafing shenanigans. That's because, with my claws closed, I have an effective 2WD toothed wedge to her flat hinged wedge. That's an 80-20 wedge advantage head to head. My wedge is very short, but it only needs to deny her getting under and, since her flipper's piston is attached, it'll lift her front wheels off of the ground, allowing me to out-torque and push her. Even if she fires her flipper, its arc isn't really right to catch the upper lip of my claws. If she tries hooking off, doesn't a strafing and circle-strafing drive look just wonderful right about now? While she has to turn to escape, I can strafe into her hooking motion and actually end up catching her side which she CAN be high-centered from. Then, it's a question of just pinning her against the wall and shoving her, at an angle, into lots of micro-IEDs in a moving pin.

Once I've established that level of head-to-head aggression, come straight in, and then reverse straight out to bait her into firing prematurely. She either flips herself and leaves me a really nice opening to clam, saw, and hazard tour or, at the very leats, it takes a moment for flippers of that power to retract. Dart in and THEN clamp her, taking at least one pair of her wheels off of the floor. Proceed to drive her around and then dump her on the IED to finish the pin timer out.

Obviously use my maneuverability and ability to keep my front facing her while maneuvering to keep her between myself and the OOTA. This kind of stuff is why I have the omnidrive setup that I do. Self-right immediately if ever flipped, and don't just take my wedge advantage for granted. She'll win a couple, so always be ready to back off or strafe free immediately, reset, and go on the attack again. Offensively, stay mostly with whichever tactic is working best, but mix in the other one from time to time to keep her guessing.

GL Danielle!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!