Ayame VS Shade Fist

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS Shade Fist

Post by GF93 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 pm

______
STAT COMPARISON
Shade Fist
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (Vertical Drum Spinner, three static wedges)
Armour: 5 (+1 to Drum)

Ayame
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 2 (Rear-Hinged Pneumatic Flipper)
Armour: 11
______
It’s got a mean drum and decent speed for a bot of its type, so I'll have to make sure I keep the damage to a minimum. Fortunately, several things are in my favour: I'm both considerably faster and have about double his traction/torque, I'm far more manoeuvrable and agile with no gyroing on the turns, and my flipper gives me an edge on wedgeability. Yes, he can reverse the drum, but this will hinder him more than it can potentially help him against a fast and tough bot: he loses his wedges when inverted, and he'll be especially vulnerable when he has to stop the drum to turn it the other way. Plus, even though his drum gets an armour bonus, the rest of his body doesn’t, so he’ll be vulnerable to killing himself on damage as well as being flipped out by me.

Aggression is the predominant thing here, but with strategy as well to protect my wedge and get past his weapon: remember that he can’t turn well without gyroing, so play that to its fullest advantage. Move out quickly, watch to see where he comes from, and vary my approaches; circling around him from a safe distance and either getting him from the side/behind, forcing him to gyro then attacking (ala Terpsichora), feinting approaches to his corners before reversing away and countering, or if his drum’s sufficiently slowed, stopped or changing direction, diving under and flipping. Be relentless and unpredictable to force him onto the back foot, but only flip when I'm definitely underneath, watch out for and be ready to counter any monster-trucking attempts, and protect my wedge tip at all costs.

Keep underneath, flipping him around, and constantly forcing him to switch between different directions and take drum-to-floor blows. Constantly take the fight to him, chase him down if he tries to run away, and force him into the IED and floor ramss. Especially watch for him changing direction on the drum or gyroing to self-right; since he loses most power to his drum doing either, that’s the best time to strike. Ram, flip him over and follow up if he does the former to ideally get him stuck in a loop, and just ram him in the latter case to avoid unnecessary flipper damage. If he stops changing drum directions, prioritise ramming and only flip when he definitely can’t accidentally clip my flipper. Once the walls come down, go for an OOTA!

Defence is mostly aggressive, but with good common sense and taking no unnecessary risks with my flipper. Keep constantly moving and the flipper down when not underneath to stop him lining up, actively prevent him from escaping or attempting to spin up after each flip, and if he tries driving off or over me, copy his movements. Keep a good berth from hazards when not taking him to them myself, protect my sides and back, conserve gas for self-righting in emergencies, and self-right then escape immediately if flipped to stop him comboing me.

Good luck!

Badnik96

Re: Ayame VS Shade Fist

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:40 pm

right now he is 2wd but his flipper, by definition, is a hinged wedge. this means it isnt pressing into the ground and i have the head-on wedge advantage. Play a cautiously aggressive game, driving at him and getting under but making sure to keep my drum pointed at him. if he tries to circle i should definitely be able to keep up with him. jhook away from him if he gets under me on sight.

the goal here is going to be to try to chain drum hits into an oota. he's a flipper in an arena that benefits him so i want this match to last as little as possible.

keep spinning the drum up, and don't change if i get flipped. changing directions takes too long and i don't have wedges when inverted so all i'm doing is scraping his wedge. if i attack him with the drum spinning down it could catch an angle and throw me, possibly inverting me and also possibly doing some serious damage to him.

the main thing here is i need to damage his flipper quickly so he can't use it, and that's more than possible with 3 corner damage. once that happens the match should be mine.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ