Death Metal vs Chimera

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Death Metal vs Chimera

Post by Venice Queen » Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Chimera: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+1 front), ABR

Death Metal: SPD-5 // TRA- 2 // TOR-1 // WPN-15 // ARM-7

___________________________________________________________________________________

I have 12 armor and a very noticable drivetrain advantage: her 5/2/1 statline is GREAT for avoiding box rushes, but awful for managing her own hits. Can't box rush in this arena anyway, but I can herd her towards either the walls or the central hazard clusterfuck at any point of the arena since it's a circle. as long as I engage at the correct angle, our impacts will always launch her into spinning hazards, walls, and the flipping pistons that absolutely litter this arena.

start aggressive, stay aggressive, don't give her any space. make her really regret that control ratio by constantly circling against the rotation of her blade in order to set up the best possible ricochets. Or, if she gets wise to those tricks and just tries to engage right off, punish her for trying to move in on me by getting around to her side (by j-hooking back or angling in) getting under a wheel/ the side of her blade, and making her blade slam into the ground.

general game plan is to let her get in the big hits when she's up to speed, since I'm convinced that the ricochet will go much worse for her - imagine last rites gyrodancing in an arena that ISNT mostly empty space, with less control. in the even that the first hit or two doesn't put her at a massive disadvantage, I need to start playing more coy to preserve my armor: engage slowly - still against her spinning direction - and let the blade wear itself down a little bit grazing against my armor: j-hook back if she tries to charge, and then slam into her side, still aiming primarily at the blade to make sure she doesn't catch a corner.

Once she's controlled, the eventual plan is to push her towards a floor flipper, shove her into it, chase her down before she can recover, and repeat. wall pins are also dope if I can catch her with the spinner slowed down.

Flip her OOTA at the 2 minute mark - this is pretty much the only time I should fire the flipper tbh, and I'm totally fine doing it even if she's spinning fast, since it's not like the damage will matter when she's KOed. I can also set up ricochet angles that make her likely to SOOTA if I'm having trouble controlling her when the walls fall. no need to rush things.

don't do dumb shit, such as letting a robot with no control and 3 less speed than me hit anywhere other than my armored front. don't let her get up to speed more than the absolute minimum. bright side: even if she does get around to my side, I got 8 sets of double-layered wheels per side: there's redundancy for a reason. don't be afraid to run away if she ends up behind me somehow, and obviously do what I need to to self-right without getting eviscerated.

GL

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Death Metal vs Chimera

Post by Shaba117 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 pm

He can't box-rush me here with the large central hazard area, so I will start in normal orientation but keep the weapon at only 75% or so strength to maintain traction. Once I see which way around the center that he is approaching, then I'll turn 90 degrees in either direction so that I'm showing parallel to his front, power the weapon up to full speed, then the standard 'use my weapon torque to aid in turning' and hopefully catch more of the corner of the plow than the middle. Yes, the plow itself is part of his lifter mechanism and with armor bonus, that comes to 12 armor. Fine, I can still do some damage to that. I can also cause 3 shock damage to the main chassis.

Key thing is to cause as much damage to him before I get bounced around too much. Thankfully, his control ratio is only a bit better than mine and such a massive drivebase with only 2 torque...not quite the massive 'tank' that I would think that it would be. And, of course, Chimera also possesses a decently powerful 4-bar lifter/flipper...that could be an issue after the 2:00 mark-unless I damage it enough by that point. Yeah, a KO is not likely with his armor, but combined plow+shock damage should definitely hamper his progress. Also, if I can get a shot at eating some of those many wheels, why not? ;)

If I get flipped, power down the weapon until back on the ground and under control, then if necessary, get away from any hazards that are close by. If I see him charging, quickly spin up and at least pop him back some to give me a space to spin up fully. Same goes if I end up being affected my the central hazards, as well.

Now, when the walls fall away for the final minute: This is where I'm in danger of being OOTA'd. I need to stay away from the edge of the arena as much as possible. I know, while still fighting Chimera and potentially being bounced away towards the edges. Yes, I can't control that part, but I can be more conservative with the use of my weapon in order to do so. Power down slightly to give myself some more traction (like in the beginning of the match), and I'll actually try to 'matador' Chimera by playing that I'm going to use the tactics from the beginning of the match, but instead of impacting his plow, I turn away from it and let him charge past me.

Do the above and try to remain around the central danger zone circles until the match ends. However, also do my best to stay out of the central hazards, myself. Hopefully, Chimera will be well-wounded and limping at this point and the damage will already have been done!

GL, Gabe!